Richel84's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 27th, 2023 10:36 AM

Closed

Carrier Unlock

I paid off my phone and requested an unlock code in October of 2022. Xfinity tells me my phone is unlocked, yet I still can't use it with any other carrier, because no other carrier shows my phone as unlocked. I met all of the requirements for unlock, talked to and chatted with countless representatives of Xfinity and the solution is wait more time for us to try it again, because apparently nearly five months to get a phone unlocked is acceptable to Xfinity. If the response is there is currently a request to manually unlock your phone and wait up to another 72 hours after another fruitless attempt, just don't reply.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm going through the same thing right now . [Edited: "Solicitation"] I'm losing money on my business and everything and haven't been able to use my phone in over a week when I already have purchased another Carrier service but the screen still says call Xfinity to unlock the device. This is ridiculous

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_e25d8c Hello and thank you for reaching out here over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues getting your Xfinity Mobile devices unlocked.

Our Xfinity mobile service actually has its own specialized support team, who are specially trained and equipped to assist with any Xfinity mobile related questions or concerns. For Xfinity mobile assistance or help regarding your Xfinity Mobile cell phone account (which is a totally different billing system than we have access to here), I would recommend reaching out to our incredible Xfinity Mobile support team, and they would be more than happy to assist you in getting these device questions and concerns resolved once and for all!

You can reach our Xfinity Mobile support experts by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or via our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3QLkqKG where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

I also found that in order to unlock a device there are certain requirements which must first be met, which can be found here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone. Once those requirements are met we would need to have the account holder call our unlock team at (844) 963-0011, and they can assist further in getting the device unlocked, if possible. If you have already gone through all the steps above, it may just need some time, as I understand the process can sometimes take some time.

I wish you you the best of luck in getting this resolved as quickly as possibly, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. We are also here 24/7 and always more than happy to help a valued member of our Xfinity family in any way we can! -Christopher

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

I apologize for the delay in response. In order to unlock a device it has to meet certain requirements which can be found here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone. Once those requirements are met we would need to have the account holder call our unlock team at (844) 963-0011. They will go into the account and verify all is good and they will process the unlock. 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Your reply illustrates what is very frustrating about Xfinity customer service. It completely ignores everything the customer has done and is saying, 

- "Xfinity tells me my phone is unlocked" 

- "I met all of the requirements for unlock"

and takes them back to the first step in a process that they have shown they have already done. 

Why is that? Are customer reps restricted by a script that tells them go all the way back to step 1 even when the problem is clearly way past that? 

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

@Xfifi thank you for your feedback.

Our team is very limited to access the Mobile accounts on this platform due to security reasons.

We do apologize if you've already done the basic steps or the steps seem to be repeated, these steps are provided to us by our Xfinity Mobile team for assistance and if these steps are without a resolution our Xfinity Mobile team we need to get involved to investigate if there is a backend error stopping this process of unlocking the device.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Have a paid off device and called asking why no unlock has come through ever, and they siad 5-7 business days... honestly no idea why it would take  that long since I own the device in full and have left the service yet they are forcing me to be unable to use mobile because they refuse to unlock the phone. 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to create a reply on the forums, @user_7c4f11. It sounds like you have gone through all the steps to have the phone unlocked, you will just need to wait for the process to complete for it the be usable with other carriers. Please reach back out to our Xfinity Mobile Experts if you run into any issues with the unlock after that time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here