HOYTIE's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Can’t set up Cellular on Apple Watch

I got my watch yesterday. Everything worked fine until I got to “set up cellular” and it just sat on the fourth step: ACTIVATION is in progress and a line is being added to your account. This may take a few minutes. Etc.

The teal circle never moved once as it had in the previous steps showing that it was in progress. I’ve reset/repaired my watch 4 times since yesterday. I spoke with an Xfinity mobile representative and they said I needed a SIM card. The watch I have is supposed to have an eSIM. Why can’t this be done on Xfinity’s end? I can’t spend another entire day working on this. Someone please help 😞

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

There are 9 topics of the same issue here, the more we dig into it the more it's sounding like a widespread xfinity issue. A lot of us have tier 2 tickets with no luck.

I am guessing it is something their higher techs will need to work on. I am being told now that if this most recent try doesn't work then I may just have to wait til a bigger issue is resolved. I have spoke to multiple chat and phone agents. 

The part that bums be most is that they all seem to be out of the loop for what seems like a company-wide issue. 

I would rather them say "its a known issue, we are working on a fix as fast as we can" than having me try the same things over and over lol.

I don't want to keep factory resetting this watch over and over lol

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Updating everyone,

Mine worked this morning and was now able to fully connect. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@esrun2441  Did you do something different?  Please share more details with us.  I have been unable to activate cellular since I first got the watch on September 25. 

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @HOYTIE,

Thank you for posting to the forum, know that we are here to help. In case you are still in need of assistance, reach out to me via private message so that I can look further into this for you.

You can reach out to me privately by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL and from my profile page, select the blue ‘send a message’ button. For account access and authentication, please include the following; first and last name, complete address, mobile number, and the last 4 digits of the card on file.

Also, in case your Apple Watch has not registered to the account, please include the IMEI for the watch and the host iPhone. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Chris

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Please, Chris I am having the same issue.  Really would like your help.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastChrisL Hi Chris, I have the same issue with iWatch SE. Please help. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send us a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChrisL 

Hi Chris,

I’m having the same issue.  What exactly does someone need to do to get Xfinity to work on it?

the customer dis-service team is absolutelyuseless.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hello and sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your Apple Watch activated! I would like to see what I can do to help. Could you send me a private message with your full name, address and details on what errors you are running into when you are trying to get this done please? Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Having the same issue and was even told to return the watch and obtain a new one, which I did and am still having the same issue. What did you end up having to do to fix it? I tried to locate the ability to send a private message to ComcastChrisL but I’m not seeing the option to message him anywhere.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello-I’ve tried several different ways of sending you a private message regarding the unable to connect to cellular issue with Apple Watch, but am unable to find anywhere that allows me to send you my account info. What is the best way to get it to you? I’ve been dealing with this for 2 weeks and spent countless hours on the phone with support to no avail.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

No luck with setting up the watch after 1 month and trying daily to do the same steps recommended by xfinity mobile support. I continue to get unable to configure cellular plan error. The first time I tried the step that registered the watch with xfinity the registration worked so the watch shows up in my account. Mobile support told me this is a known issue and it is being worked on and continue to try each day. Are there any other solutions?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hey! I actually had to send a message over to ComcastChris to get it sorted out-he is the Man!! It took several attempts but he fixed the issue for me 🙂 I recommend going to his page and sending him a message to see if he can look into your account and help!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Torim1234 What did he do?  Furnish some details, please?  We all need help here!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

what changed? how did you get it to work?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

same here. i got series 6 cellular and no one from xfinity has managed to fix it and it's been over a week. returning it is probably ideal at this point which is a shame because I wanted to be able to go out without my phone and rely on my watch

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just bought a series 6 I watch and an iPhone 12. Everything works between the two except for when I try to ‘Set Up Cellular’. After attempting to set it up, I (1) start the activation. (2) Put in my Xfinity credentials (which is accepted). And then I start the activation process. It looks like the phone is trying to get my account information from Xfinity. But it eventually fails telling me some sort of technical problem and to try again. So it appears that Xfinity is not sending information back. I went to the Xfinity store. They couldn’t figure it out. Told me to call customer service. Got escalated all the way to the Advanced Mobile Services tech. Couldn’t get anywhere but thought they saw a similar issue that was resolved by Apple support. Didn’t make sense to me. I was transferred to Apple. We worked on it for about a half an hour and concluded it was an Xfinity issue. Back to the Xfinity Advanced Service team and spend another half hour with no progress. Finally wrote up a case for it and am waiting for for a response. If not resolved, I’ve got no choice but to go to another provider that can get this to work. It seems like Xfinity support needs work as this problem may have been around for a while

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_19fb3a any response?  This is precisely the issue I'm having too (and the exact same runaround.) 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Same here.  Any fix?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am in the same boat as you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My resolution is to change my provider to T-Mobile which got it to work. Never heard back from xfinity.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am also unable to activate the cellular services on my Apple SE watch that I purchased on September 24th.   It logs into the Xfinity website just fine, I hit Ok to the TOS agreement, I furnish emergency contact information, it gets to step 4 of 4 and then.......

"Uh-oh!   Something went wrong. We ran into a problem during the activation process and your information was not saved. Please restart activation. If this problem persists, contact customer support at (844) 963 0125".  

What's worse is xfinity gets an indication from that process that I cancelled my order (along with a cancelled order #) with the following message:  

"We understand that you've changed your mind about bringing your phone to Xfinity Mobile. We've canceled AppleWatch3301's line at your request, and you won't be charged for anything." 

So According to Xfinity, I cancelled my order; I never wanted cellular access and round and round she goes!  Could somebody please PLEASE help?  I am a few days away of just transferring my four lines to another provider. 

Official Employee

• 

573 Messages

Hey there, I am very sorry to hear about your experience with your Apple Watch, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. I would be happy to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Experts to ensure we get this resolved fully. 

To get started, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message Icon"
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window Press Enter to send

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

After repeated failure with Xfinity, I gave up and used Truphone.com, which costs $10/month for unlimited calls and texts. It worked in a breeze!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Can anyone help with the iwatch issue?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @tlally2001, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your iWatch setup. Xfinity Mobile support via social is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on xfinitymobile.com

By chance have you tried contacting our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes.  I've reached out multiple times and still can't pair iwatch with xfinity mobile. 

Can you help?

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

I do apologize you are still having issues pairing your iWatch. Over this platform we cannot access mobile accounts but can assist with basic troublesshooting of devices. For more indepth troubleshooting and assisitance you will have to call in to 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3B7D9ZV. May I ask, did you purchase your iWatch through us or from another provider? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here