U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 6:54 PM

By the GIG went from $15.00 per month to $20.00 per month

Whats going on, My plan was for $15.00 per month. I then looked at an xfinity mobil release and see the following ---

• By the Gig

• For customer accounts established before May 18, 2020, a minimum of $12 will be charged per account per month for lines on the By-the-Gig data option regardless of the amount of data used across the By-the-Gig lines on the account. Effective March 22, 2024, customers on these accounts who elect to add lines to their plan will be charged a one-time $25 per line set-up fee. Customers further will have the option to purchase, for a flat monthly fee, buckets of data that are shareable on up to ten By-the-Gig lines. Customers that exceed the monthly amount of data in their shareable bucket will be charged $12 for each GB or partial GB of data overage, or may opt to move to a bucket with more data. In order to access 5G mobile broadband networks on their 5G devices, customers must switch to the $15 rate per GB plan described immediately below.
    • For customer accounts established between May 18, 2020 and March 22, 2024, a minimum of $15 will be charged per account per month for lines on the By-the-Gig data option regardless of the amount of data used across the By-the-Gig lines on the account. Effective March 22, 2024, customers on these accounts who elect to add lines to their plan will be charged a one-time $25 per line set-up fee. Customers further will have the option to purchase, for a flat monthly fee, buckets of data that are shareable on up to ten By-the-Gig lines. Customers that exceed the monthly amount of data in their shareable bucket will be charged $15 for each GB or partial GB of data overage, or may opt to move to a bucket with more data.
    • Effective March 22, 2024, By-the-Gig data will be sold in 1 GB increments at $20 per GB. New and existing customers who elect to add lines to their plan will be charged a one-time $25 per line set-up fee.

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

3 months ago

@user_8d175a Didn't you get the memo? They have been alerting everyone to that price increase since after the beginning of this year. Via email, messages on their web site and elsewhere. Yes, the price of By-the-Gig went up to $20. Here is another thread about this; https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/plan/new-mobile-by-the-gig-rates/6616ca1f4b739323f01c5d12

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

3 months ago

@user_8d175a

The text you quoted in your post is from Xfinity Mobile's Broadband Disclosures.  I submitted an FCC complaint last month (see also the thread already linked to by DreamSayerZ) pointing out that Xfinity Mobile's universal imposition of the new $20 per GB fee in the By the Gig plan is in contravention with their published policy in that very document to continue grandfathering previously established accounts at the $12 or $15 rate, respectively.

I received an initial response to my complaint from Comcast this week that did not address the issue, and I have submitted a follow-up request for a more germane response.  The FCC requires that Comcast now respond within 14 days to the issue.  If I am not satisfied with that resolution, I will send a letter to Comcast's corporate leadership informing them of the lack of due diligence.

As consumers, we should recognize that providers have the right to set or adjust their rates as business considerations dictate.  But in doing so, they are required to adhere to their disclosed policies.  Until those policies are altered (in conformance with any applicable regulations), we consumers have a right to protest and ask for restitution.  And, of course, if we are not satisfied we can always vote with our wallets by seeking service from a competing provider.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

I pretended to be a new user and "by the gig" didn't give you an option to purchase a larger "bundle" (e.g. 3GB for $35; what we're paying currently).  It only let you pick the $20/1GB option.  If they get rid of that "discount" I'll be hella mad.

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

@user_b6b38a

I pretended to be a new user and "by the gig" didn't give you an option to purchase a larger "bundle" (e.g. 3GB for $35; what we're paying currently).  It only let you pick the $20/1GB option.  If they get rid of that "discount" I'll be hella mad.

That's the only option available in the new generation BTG plan (see blurb below extracted from this XM web page).  So if you upgrade to 5th generation you will lose the 3GB @$35 and 10GB @$65 options.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here