F

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 11th, 2023 3:33 AM

Closed

BPM hold on line

So frustrated with Xfinity mobile. I am new user and was trying to set up my new phone. I am now I have been put on BPM hold for 10 days.  This is crazy!  With today's technology this should not be happening. I sat on chat with Xfinity support for an hour before they told me this.   I googled and it appears to only be an Xfinity issue that they created called a BPM Hold.  Does anyone have a workaround for this BPM Hold?

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

1 year ago

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear what a rough start this has been for you @Frustratedwxfinity

Our team here on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and our Forum) cannot work with Xfinity Mobile accounts, as we do not have the training, or access to any of the systems or tools that team uses, as a matter of security over social media, so reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile teams is definitely the best path to get that hold resolved. It sounds like you reached out through the Chat, have you had any luck reaching out through the other methods to work with an Xfinity Mobile expert? 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Please let us know if you have not had luck with texting or calling! And if you need assistance with your residential internet, cable service, home security, or Xfinity landline, we can assist with those readily, and are here 24/7! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am experiencing the same situation here... I have just learned I have been put on BPM hold! I received my new Xfinity SIM card last Friday 26th. From Friday 26th morning until Tuesday 30th afternoon, the SIM card was not marked as delivered due to a technical issue (so I have been told during my numerous conversations with Xfinity agents on the chat service). Therefore activation was not possible. In the meantime, my temporary plan with Lycamobile expired (on Monday 29th) and because of Xfinity delays it was not possible anymore to transfer my old number from Lycamobile to Xfinity. Thus, I lost my phone number which was registered everywhere… It is a considerable waste of time to change it in every online shops, memberships, institutions, etc. When I resigned myself to giving up the old one to get a new number, I have been told it was impossible for the moment and that I had to wait up to 10 days because of this mysterious BPM hold... Now, no more phone line or connection! I am really upset about this situation. If anyone has a solution to deal with that, I would be delighted to read it!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@UserInDespair. Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a similar situation once before and I had to reactivate my old service with the same number to port. I can understand if that is not possible. Are you able to try our store and see if a new sim will do the trick?

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@UserInDespair​  I got two replacement phones One came on Friday activated perfectly fine.   The one that came Monday I tried to activate it.  And they put it on a BPM on my account One of the chat person said it was because I tried activated it too much I did once but okay whatever.   They said I'm on 28 to 24 hours hold.   And I talked to him again They said the phone should be activated within 24 hours we will see.   

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here