U

Friday, March 1st, 2024 11:51 PM

Closed

Bogo deal not being honored and rep somehow NEEDS my ssn and dob

I signed up for the bogo deal and have never seen any credits on my account even though I’ve called multiple times and they assured me that it would be applied. 

I called again today and they offered me a new google pixel 8 for free irrespective of the BoGo offer. I said ok. The rep stated that he needed me to key in my ssn and dob. I declined and said I didn’t need the phone. He was pretty persistent about me providing my ssn. I say no and we move on to the boho issue. He says I do qualify for bogo but I’ll need to key in my ssn and dob. I’m like wtf? And again he’s really insistent that I provide that info.  This seems like a bait and switch scam.

1 Message

8 months ago

Have been dealing with BOGO issue and incompetent customer service reps who has no idea about company promotions and services. They have messed up my order 3rd time in a row and I am sick and tired of dealing with them over 1.5 hour each time.  Whether it's having issues with incompetent staff, poor customer service, validation issues or constantly messing up your orders , Xfinity has topped it all.  They need to train their customer reps better and make them understand their promotions better. Agent was persistent on arguing that i will get pixel 8 256 GB for free after monthly credit where device payment and credit did not obviously match up. I'll take my business elsewhere ! Such a terrible company. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @KP_9390,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. I apologize that you may be experiencing some issues with your Xfinity Mobile account and billing. We'd love to help, but we don't have access to Xfinity Mobile accounts via social media, I do apologize.

We would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our Xfinity Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. We're here 24/7 if you have any general Xfinity Mobile questions in the future.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

178 Messages

8 months ago

For any phone they offer for free always check their website, because the customer service reps have been known to offer free phones that are not in fact free. The only free phones are the ones offered on their website and in this case they are in fact offering a free Pixel 8. I would suggest if you want it to sign up for it online and take screenshots of everything along the way. Also, you will always need to provide your SSN and DOB when signing up, this is standard for any cellular agreement that isn't a prepaid phone. Also remember that the phone is free in that every month, the normal monthly price of the phone is credited. If you decide to leave Xfinity Mobile before the 2 yr agreement is up you will be responsible for the rest of whatever is owed on the phone, but if you stay the phone will be yours free and clear. You can also use the website to sign up for the BOGO deal but again, take screenshots of everything along the way. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

We appreciate you connecting with us in our community, @user_2t1q1n. We are sorry to hear about your experience, and would love the opportunity to assist. If we may, please send us a Direct Message with your name and address. We look forward to your message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here