dougsc1's profile

Thursday, June 13th, 2024 7:27 PM

bogo bait and switch

I had a similar experience to others on this forum.  I was sold a buy one get one free (in fact I really didn't need two lines but got a back up line just in case due to the promotion).  The credit appeared twice then fell off completely.  When I called the customer representative claimed someone had removed a line two weeks ago and that's why the credit dropped off.  This was not the case.  There has been no removal (or addition or any change) of lines since we added the lines due to the promotion in February.  I am a Gold customer with a significant cable account and bill each month. I have escalated this to a manager and I am awaiting a call.  If I don't receive the credit I am prepared to cancel my cable and mobile with Xfinity.  The service has been good but my trust in the brand is eroding and this will be the last straw.  

Doug!

6 Messages

4 months ago

They have been lying to me said I will get credit for $700 for S24 phones and also lied many other things like mobile bill first 3 months free, buy one get one unlimited plan and discount on Xfinity Internet if I join Xfinity mobile. Now after escalation here and with FCC, they are saying all discounts were invalid and they can't give discounts/credit that we're promised when I bought plan and phones.

I am contacting FCC back to let them know what happened. Will see where it goes. 

4 Messages

Thanks for the information. [Edited: "Solicitation"/"Personal Information"].  I would like to know what recourse I have.  As I said I am ready to cancel everything with Xfinity.  I don't like doing business with shady businesses that I cannot trust. I've yet to receive a call from the manager of the customer representative I spoke with yesterday early afternoon.  

(edited)

Doug!

4 Messages

Six minutes after Xfinity attempted to reach me in which a supervisor left me a voice mail claiming BOGO went away b/c I cancelled one of the two eligible phone lines (this was not the case and there was no transcript or record of the cancellation), I received a text saying that the case for the ticket was closed.  Subsequently when I called the regular customer service line about an hour after receiving the call and voice mail from a supervisor, I explained from scratch to a representative named Dustin my issues. He was super helpful, confirmed that that I indeed had not cancelled the line and resolved my issues on the spot after speaking with his supervisor.  I'm pleased the issue was ultimately resolved. My experience was suboptimal to say the least.  I will be warning folks on social media about this promotion and these types of unscrupulous tactics.    

Doug!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

dougsc1 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here