U

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 4:43 AM

Closed

Billing adjustment

I had tried to save some money by having my mobile lines share data. I did not realize but one of those lines went over by 43gbs and I was charged 15 dollars per gigabyte. I had tried to adjust this prior to the end of the billing cycle and it was not updated. Xfinity claims they cannot make any adjustments to my bill despure me trying to switch it to the unlimited plan before the end of the billing cycle. Looks like I will be canceling my plan as they are not trying to accommodate or assist with my billing issue at all. :( 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hey @user_dirxt0,

Thank you for contacting customer support through Xfinity Support. I hope you are doing well. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance. Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience you have encountered. 

I apologize that were are unable to credit back the data overage charges associated with your Xfinity Mobile service bill. We do provide a variety of ways to make changes to your data plan such as using the Xfinity App and Xfinity Mobile Account web portal. 

If you also subscribe to our 3GB and 10GB By-The-Gig data plans, we do provide push notifications if you have them enabled as well as an e-mail notification alerting you of the data usage being used once you reach 50%, 80%, and 100% of your By-The-Gig data plan usage.

Our Xfinity Mobile chat and phone support teams are available to assist in making plan changes as well. While we would be unable to issue credit for the data overages. we do highly recommend calling our Xfinity Mobile support line at (888) 936-4968 which will be able to go over your account details and any plan changes you may need assistance with in the future. 

1 Message

(888) 936-4968 is not an Xfinity Mobile support line. I have been on the phone for the past 2 hours and 2 calls to this number, which goes to XFinity Internet. You have to ask to be transferred to XFinity Mobile. You are then placed on hold for the rest of your life, with a boring music and an automated message stating that "your estimated wait time is more than 20 minutes". TERRIBLE customer service to help XFinity avoid addressing their errors on your bill.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_ji89dp,

Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience you have encountered. Have you attempted to call during non-peak hours to see if that helps get through to one of our Xfinity Mobile agents quicker? You can also try to start a conversation by SMS by texting 1-888-936-4968 or opening a chat at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. Our Xfinity Mobile partners are available from 7:00AM Eastern to 9:00PM Eastern. If you happen to just have a general inquiry about the Xfinity Mobile service, please let us know and we will see if we can find you an answer. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Hi,

I need and anwers because Xfinity is trying to chrge me 207.58$ for speed off on my datas. But They never sended me. Notification before they charge me the extr amount and th last lady with who I talked just hang up after said that my email addres was wrong so, how ws xfinity sending me others notifictions by email?. The other assitant said that the notifictions may be on my spam or junk email, but there is nothing there. I'm wonder8ng why Xfinity can send me automtic request for surveys fter every call but they weren't able to tell me that I alredy speed of on my dtas. I feel scam nd stoled from you and I'm just transfering to Verizon. That xperience ws the worst Ii could never imgine.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @Julia1804. Thank you for reaching out. I see you have questions about your data and bill as well. We do recommend reaching out to our experts to ensure your concern is resolved. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.   

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 months ago

I'm going through the same thing. I been talking with xfinity and nobody gave me a solution, all pf them were trnafering me.to the "right deprtment". They told me tht they send me notifictions but I don't have anything even in the spam or junk box. The only notification I got was send on 27 march afteer 3 days calling them trying to know why the chrged me 207.58 sudenly. All my effort ws a wste of time. That such a nightmare.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here