U

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 3:34 PM

Closed

Bait switch

I have been a victom of xfinity bait switch scam which is a $2500 violation and have not recieved my refund 

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

10 months ago

Hi there @user_cjt78u ! Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forums for help! Can you elaborate on the situation, so we can appropriately assist? 

5 Messages

I called Xfinity to inquire about my bill. During the call a sales rep asked what i currently pay with my current phone provider after explaining $65 dollars for two lines, I was then told by the sales agent I could get two lines for $30 dollars a month after placing my order I realized that I was told I was getting two lines for $30 dollars a month. But What I received was one phone for $63.40 per month and the second phone was $93.00 per month which was insane and not what was advertised or agreed to. I immediately returned the phone and have not received any refund for any amount paid. Instead, my credit card is being charged for a service and devise that has never been activated. A transcript of the conversation was downloaded which clearly shows that the sales agent committed fraud to bait a customer to switch with misleading information.   

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, @user_cjt78u. I can see how that would be frustrating. This is definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have, but you have come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ Charges are still being taken out of my credit card

5 Messages

Leah [Edited: "Personal Information"]
COMCAST OF CALIFORNIA 
1701 John F Kennedy Boulevard 
Philadelphia, PA 19103 
Dear Comcast of California, 
I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Leah [Edited: "Personal Information"], and I am writing to address a matter of great. 
concern regarding the service I received from Comcast. I have made multiple attempts to resolve this. 
issue, but unfortunately, no satisfactory resolution has been reached thus far. 
On 10/31/2023, I was enticed by a promotional offer from Comcast, which promised two phone lines for 
the price of $30. Excited by the prospect of this deal, I proceeded with the order and paid $45.35. 
However, upon reviewing the contract, I discovered that the actual cost of the bill was $93.00 per month, 
with no added features. Realizing that I had been misled, I immediately contacted Comcast and informed. 
them of my decision to return the devices. 
To my surprise, when I received the order, there was only one phone included, which was not what I had. 
originally ordered. I promptly notified Comcast once again, requesting a full refund. While I did receive 
confirmation that the phone was returned to Comcast, the refund provided was only $10.00, leaving a 
balance of $35.00 due. I subsequently contacted Comcast again, explaining the situation and requesting. 
a full refund. Over a week, the remainder of the refund was processed. However, to my dismay, a week 
Over the refund was issued, another charge of $28.00 for a return device fee was debited from my credit. 
card. 
Despite my ongoing attempts to resolve this matter, I continue to receive emails from Comcast, claiming. 
that my card has been charged $46.75 for a service that no longer exists. I have made 21 attempts to 
rectify this situation, but to no avail. This has become highly frustrating and deeply concerning.
Therefore, I hereby demand the repayment of $3750, which includes the initial payment of $45.35, the 
remaining refund due of $35.00, and the unauthorized charges of $28.00 and $46.75. I kindly request 
that this repayment be made within 14 days of the date you receive this letter.
Please be advised that if payment is not received within the specified Time frame, I will have no choice. 
but to pursue legal action to protect my rights and seek the appropriate remedies available under the 
law. I believe that a fair and amicable resolution is as soon possible, and I would prefer to resolve this matter. 
without restoring to litigation.
I trust that you will give this matter the attrition it deserves and rectify the situation promptly. I have 
attached documentation supporting my claims for your reference. Should you require any further? 
information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address provided above or via 
email at [Edited: "Personal Information"]. 
Thank you for your urgent attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving a prompt response and a 
favorable resolution within the specified Time frame.
Yours sincerely, 
Leah [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here