U

Thursday, August 1st, 2024 10:53 AM

Bait and Switch

My issue stems from a promo I was offered while signing up for internet service with the offending company. I initially signed up for their Internet Essentials service tier which offered just the internet and a monthly fee of 9.99 I was then told by the representative that by signing up for my service in the month of April I had just made it in time before the offer would expire coming in May, this is what I was told before seeing any advertising for the deal. I was told I’d have to sign up first for the Internet Essentials and get upgraded to the Internet Essentials Plus service tier to qualify for the deal otherwise I’d just get 10 dollars off of each billing cycle. Of course I’d want 1 year free mobile data and all Id have to do is bring my own unlocked device which I had. So in all we were on the phone for about 50 minutes because we were disconnected and he had to put me on hold several times and then complete a second application for the upgrade to IE+. So he explicitly stated and I recall very clearly because I asked for clarification on every detail because I wanted to be very sure that I was not misunderstanding that I’d get free unlimited mobile data for a year with the payment of 29.95 a month for IE+ no strings attached. He made it very clear that as long as my device qualified and was compatible and I was approved for the IE+ that my mobile service would be UNLIMITED AND FREE FOR ONE YEAR! He even gave me the exact date that I should expect to start receiving a bill in April 2025! Fast forward the first month my service is suspended I call they apologize and reconnect my service. Second month the same thing! And the third month they fully disconnect my line! I work from home and have all kinds of important things connected to my number this is not right at all! I’ve tried to rectify the issue but just get transferred and placed back in the queue every time! Lastly, the fact that many of your less helpful customer service reps tried to convince me that I’ve imagined that promo offer, when I did a quick internet search and hard time finding any reference to the promo. However, I did find one reference to the Philadelphia regional promotional offer ON THE COMCAST CORPORATE WEBSITE!! So why would your reps lie to me and why are you all allowing this type of customer service or lack there of to be the culture over there!!!??

Link to Comcast corporate website advertising the promotion:

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/comcast-keeping-customers-connected-as-acp-ends

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here