CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 7:52 PM

Closed

Activating iPhones in SOS Mode

We’re aware some customers are having difficulty activating or using their new iPhone 14, iPhone 13, or iPhone SE 3rd generation. If you have one of these devices and you’re seeing “SOS” in the status bar on your device, you may need to set up your eSIM to get your device to function properly. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Ensure your device has been activated.
    1. If you’re activating a new iPhone 13, 14 or SE (third generation), you should have received a push notification titled “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed” once the activation completed.
      1. If you haven’t received this push notification, it may mean that the activation hasn’t finished yet. Normally it takes approximately 10 minutes to receive the push notification but may take as long as 30 minutes.
      2. If you didn’t receive or don’t recall receiving this push notification, you can try to install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually, using the following steps.

1. Install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually:
    1. On your device, go to Settings and tap “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed”.
    2. Then click “Continue” (at the bottom of the screen); the eSIM should now download and install.
    3. Once the eSIM is installed, you’ll need to reset the Network Settings on your device.

1. Reset the Network Settings:
    1. On your device, go to Settings, then General, then Transfer or Reset Device, then Reset, and finally Reset Network Settings.
    2. Once you reset the network setting, you’ll need to restart your device.

1. Restart your device by turning if off and then on.
    1. Your device should start up in roughly five minutes.

In most cases, performing the steps as outlined above will force your device to exit SOS mode and begin functioning normally. If this doesn’t work, please perform the steps above one more time.

If these steps still don’t activate your device, it may be due to some other issue. For assistance, please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team directly by chatting with us at comca.st/3hxnpaZ or texting or calling (888) 936-4968. (Due to account security concerns, we’re unable to perform any device or account specific requests here.)

You can also find more information on eSIM, including setting up an eSIM on iPhone, in Apple Support at About eSIM on iPhone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue mines been going on since oct 17th and every time I call I keep getting the same thing have to wait 72 hours or 24 hours but nothing and they also keep saying a new sim have been sent out to me but haven’t received anything. You guys are staying to make me wanna switch back to my old carrier. 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi there, @user_caf2a9!

I'm sorry to hear all this! As @XfinityJanelle mentioned, we do not have the training, or access to any of the systems or tools that team uses, as a matter of security over social media, but we do want to make sure you are able to get assistance! Have you had luck with any of the other Xfinity Mobile contact methods listed above? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I wish I had found this forum before I purchased the mobile plan 3 days ago. Now I have no mobile line because the portability has started and never ends, have spent several hours in calls and being transferred around. Worst experience as a customer ever. Trying it for the last time today.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

After trying for 3 days, many calls, and hours of waiting, for the sake of my business, I am quitting xfinity. They are just not ready for eSim. They are blaming my previous carrier which blames xfinity back. So, in the end, I am the one that suffers.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hello! I had the same issue with my iPhone 13. I went to the store and they told me my SIM card and eSIM were competing with each other which stopped it working and forced it into SOS mode. They turned off the eSIM and put in a new SIM card and I’ve been good ever since. Hope this helps :)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_0a54f8​ I don't have a SIM card, the Iphone 14 in the U.S. only supports eSim. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello, I hope you are having a great day! Xfinity Mobile support on social media is currently limited, please contact our Xfinity Mobile support center through any of the following methods for account specific issues:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

THIS HAS BEEN A HEADACHE!!! IF YOU'RE SWITCHING FROM ANOTHER CARRIER XFINITY MAKES IS SEEMS LIKE ITS YOUR FAULT THAT THE PASS WORD AND CODE IS NOT WORKING AND TRUTH BE TOLD ALL THE FOLKS FROM OVER SEES NOT LOOKING AND CHECKING THAT THIS IS AN ERROR ON XFINITY PART AND NOT THE OTHER CARRIER!!! THEN THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY HELPING YOU HANGING UP THE PHONE ON YOU!!! I'M SO PISSED AT THIS SERVICE OVER 24 HOURS OF WAITING FOR PEOPLE AND MY PHONE IS STILL NOT ACTIVATED!! AND THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO KEEP SAYING CALL YOUR CARRIER PROVIDER KNOWING THIS IS A THEM ISSUE!!! UN REAL ...BET I WONT BE PAYING FOR SERVICES I DON'T HAVE!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have had the same exact issue and I have been calling chatting and everything for over 3 weeks ! I have tried everything and been told over 10 times it will be fixed and it’s a cycle over and over and I’m starting to give up . I’m close to going back to AT&T & I love Xfinity but I never had such bad issue like this and today is the day I can get the promotion so I’m going to lose because I can’t port my number over smh I’m going to return the phone and cancel services in stead 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with your account. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today.Please send me a private name with your name and address. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have placed 13 calls to xfinity. Today I called to have my bill adjusted because the phone was SOS most of the time and when I asked for a supervisor she hung up. I called back and yes after asking for a supervisor because the rep kept repeating the same thing over and over and over which had nothing top do with my problem she hung up also. Today prior to hanging up the rep said to turn off cellular data and just use wifi. I was told last week to turn on the cellular to fix the SOS problem. Why pay for cellular and only use WIFI? Which didnt work. Hasnt worked. I have had my esim changed and my phone reset 8 times. Still today the problem is still happening. I went over my gigs and now being charged for a phone I couldnt use. Xfinity was here this morning for cable and he couldn't get cellular service. I have 50 employees who use xfinity and now I will recommend leaving and going to AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My name is Carolyn and I’m from Panama City Florida. I switched to Xfinity had a problem with the eSIM him to find out eSIM is not supported on an iPhone 12 Pro Max so I had to go get a Sim card. I had to have a nano Sim for my phone. Thank goodness it started working right away. No more SOS at the job after 24 hours for New Phone. It was 11 sight to see the bars if you have a 12 promax don’t even wait. Don’t try to activate it again. Don’t make phone calls. Don’t wait on hold don’t do it. Go to the store go to the Xfinity store. Did your Sim card. Then activate your phone it will work I would do all of that yesterday. It was a nightmare and it didn’t work. Nothing worked. Thank you. Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This activation process is absolutely miserable. I'm trying to replace my Google Pixel with a new iPhone 14. The documentation says it only takes 10 minutes. I have been dealing with support for 4 days now with no end in sight. They keep telling me that it'll be activated in a few hours and that their advanced team is working on it. A couple hours go by and there's no change. So I contact them again... round and round we go. Customer service seems completely ineffective. This is my one and only phone number. I've no doubt that I'm missing important texts and calls. Especially since I have medical issues that I'm working through. I deeply regret relying on XFINITY Mobile. I never would have had this problem with Verizon and am considering changing back. This is so infuriating!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user-kjhfd​  I am dealing with thesame exact issue now and its  going onthe 8th day

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

I have this problem but I've had xFinity BYOD mobile service for 1 year this May. (iPhone SE2)

There are many iPhone users with similar issues on Apple support forums also. 

I didn't have a problem until past few weeks with MASSIVE battery drain resulting from "No Cell Coverage". 

The xFinity (or Verizon) problem here is that NOTHING at my house is different from weeks prior --when service worked.

{ALSO: Clicked link suggested & got dreaded xFi Chatbot; no help..historically worst AI ever, excepting Chase Bank--but xFinity bot doesn't differentiate which of selected options will kick you off chat to their online DIY troubleshooting guides instead of CS agent}

Thanks for anyone who helps the users posting here. Unfortunately, forum notifications aren't working atm for me either.

This is one of several forums where I'm researching solutions to several computer, web, mobile software & hardware maintenance.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Just had the SOS issue.  

My wife’s new phone (iPhone 14 Pro - eSim) WAS working on the network up until today.  I went in-store and switched plans and that must have screwed things up.  Called support and was on the call for 40 minutes (they are clueless).  Eventually figured it out myself.  Here is what I did.  

1. deleted existing eSim from Settings-Cellular

2. erase network settings.  This is somewhere under Settings-General I believe 

3. Reboot phone.  Once afterwards connect to your wifi

4. Login to xfinity.com mobile site from my desktop

5. click the cell phone in question

6. scroll down and find the eSim option.  I think it says ‘download’

7. follow instructions from there.  It placed a notification on my Settings screen to complete setup

8. reboot phone.  Took about 5 min AFTER the reboot to work.  In fact, when it came back the phone showed I had service but calls were failing.  Had to wait a little for it to work.  

hope this helps

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Just had the SOS issue.  

My wife’s new phone (iPhone 14 Pro - eSim) WAS working on the network up until today.  I went in-store and switched plans and that must have screwed things up.  Called support and was on the call for 40 minutes (they are clueless).  Eventually figured it out myself.  Here is what I did.  

1. deleted existing eSim from Settings-Cellular

2. erase network settings.  This is somewhere under Settings-General I believe 

3. Reboot phone.  Once afterwards connect to your wifi

4. Login to xfinity.com mobile site from my desktop

5. click the cell phone in question

6. scroll down and find the eSim option.  I think it says ‘download’

7. follow instructions from there.  It placed a notification on my Settings screen to complete setup

8. reboot phone.  Took about 5 min AFTER the reboot to work.  In fact, when it came back the phone showed I had service but calls were failing.  Had to wait a little for it to work.  

hope this helps

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having similar issues activating the i phone 14 they keep telling me bpm hold fort the past 10 days these chat agents are totally useless

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here