xTheEdgex's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 10:53 AM

Closed

Xfinity Rewards, $1 Movie Night

On the main page, before logging into Xfinity Rewards, it says $1 movie night every weekend until Jan 1. But when I log into my Xfinity Rewards, $1 movie night is not an option to select. How do I select the movie night for the weekends if it's not on my rewards page? I'm a platinum member.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... I do not have the option to select the free movie night ...

Above, @XfinityMacey wrote "... redemption can only be done on the weekends ...". Perhaps they've taken this to the extreme, and the Reward is only offered on the weekends. That strikes me as a very Comcast thing to do. The reward was there for me on Sunday, but it is not there today (Monday).

For reference (when I was able to access it on Sunday): "Get this reward" said:

Enjoy a $1 movie this weekend, and Xfinity Rewards will match the purchase and donate to BUILD.org, up to $100,000

$1 Movie Weekends

Every weekend this holiday season, pick a movie rental up to $5.99 to enjoy for only a dollar!

Plus, for every $1 movie rented this holiday season, Xfinity Rewards will match each $1 movie rental and donate up to $100,000 to BUILD.org – an organization helping children develop the entrepreneurial skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly digital world. Select from tons of titles on Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex, there’s something for everyone!

Claim this reward and rent your movie this weekend, as the reward expires on Sunday.

BUILD.org is a partner of Comcast’s Project UP initiative.

"View the Details and Restrictions" said:

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Offer ends January 1, 2023. Offer limited to Xfinity Rewards Members with Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Internet customers with an activated Xfinity Flex box while supplies last. Members must claim $1 Movie by first clicking ‘Get this reward’ button and then rent their movie by the expiration date. $1 Movie has no cash value, may not be redeemed for cash, and cannot be used for any movie rented before claiming the $1 movie. May only be applied toward rentals of XFINITY On DEMAND™ qualifying movies up to a $5.99 value. Limited to one $1 movie rental per account/household per weekend (each weekend begins Friday at 12AM EST and ends Sunday at 11:59PM EST) from November 4, 2022 through January 1, 2023.Taxes and fees extra. Valid in the United States; void where prohibited. Comcast reserves the right to modify or cancel offer at any time. May not be assigned or transferred. May not be combined with other offers. All redemptions are final. Xfinity will donate $1 to BUILD.org for every qualifying $1 Xfinity Rewards Movie rental purchase from November 4, 2022 through January 1, 2023, up to $100,000.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

I haven't seen the ad, but I also do not see any movie reward available yet. I am Diamond level. Maybe it's a new campaign and everything hasn't updated yet, or you have to get the reward over the weekend?

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@andyrossTry looking for it on Friday/Sat/Sun. It showed up the second weekend again for me under all the awards you can claim, it was the last one.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 years ago

I can only get this to copy as text. Even though I'm signed in to the page, I have to click the 'join for free' button to go to my rewards.
I go to Xfinity.com, click on 'my account' at the top, and it takes me to the page that shows the $1 movie night.
**Enjoy a movie up to $5.99 for just $1, every weekend through Jan 1
Sign up for Xfinity Rewards today and get special perks and experiences – just for being a customer.
Join for free
Additional terms and restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Offer ends January 1, 2023.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Thanks for reaching out through our Community Forums page regarding your Xfinity Rewards benefit,

@xTheEdgex! This particular Reward does have parameters, specifically that redemption can only be done on the weekends. Here's some details:
  • New $1 Movie Weekends – All Xfinity Rewards members with Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex can redeem a $1 movie rental every weekend, through the end of the year. (The Fine print: This reward will now only be available to be redeemed Friday – Sunday, and the movie must be rented by Sunday night. Xfinity Rewards members can only redeem this reward once per weekend, but will be able to redeem it again each following weekend.)
    For every $1 movie rented this holiday season, Xfinity Rewards will make a matching donation (up to $100,000 to BUILD.org), an organization helping children develop the entrepreneurial skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly digital world.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I activated this reward last weekend and made my first rental on that Sunday (Nov 20).  All went as advertised for that first rental (that is, I got an immediate charge against my account for $5.99 for the rental, but then also got an immediate $4.99 credit applied. 

HOWEVER, I processed my second weekend $5.99 rental just yesterday (Nov 27).  This time my account was charged $5.99 for the rental, but it was not followed by any credit at all.

When I checked on the active Rewards on my account this morning, the "One Dollar Weekend Movie Night" item shows the text "Looks like this reward ended on November 23, 2022.  But there's still toms of special perks waiting to be explored".  

Clearly. something went awry with your system's processing of this reward as it processed it as a ONE TIME USE reward instead of leaving it open to be used EVERY WEEKEND (until January 1, 2023) as was offerred.  This is quite aggravating.  How do I get this corrected so that: (1) I get the $4.99 credit for yesterday's rental, and (2) I can continue to make a rental each weekend per the terms of the offer?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am on with Xfinity now because of the same problem. They are saying they cant find the promotion and wont refund me. So frustrating.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityMacy     Per my original post, when I log in to my rewards page, I do not have the option to select the free movie night. I saw the advertisement for the $1 movies every weekend, but it is not on my rewards page.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 years ago

I think you are right about that. Thanks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also chose the offer for $1 movie weekend.  I purchased this on Wednesday, when I noticed it on my TV. It never occurred to me that I would be charged the full amount. I too got charged immediately.  For what I pay a month for Xfinity services the should credit me $4.99. Yes it was my mistake that I didn't realize i can only rent for this promo of weekends but it is a typical Comcast ploy. The customer is always second and they are hungry for the money. Any advuce as to how I can get credit? I pay $325 monthly. That should get me a movie

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

If I claim an Xfinity $1 movie reward, but never select a movie, is my account charged $1 (or is the $1 charged only if and when I select and watch a movie)?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

fyi, I looked at the available movies for rent on Xfinity and do not like any of the.  Consequently, I'm not interested in selecting any of the movies.  Am I still charged $1 on my Xfinity bill (since I claimed an Xfinity $1 nmovie reward) even if I don't select and watch a movie during the $1 movie reward promotion dates?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

You are only charged if you rent something. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

Unbeknownst to me, apparently Comcast revived its "$1 Movie Weekends". An email from them invites me to "Enjoy a $1 movie this weekend". The terms/restrictions/conditions are:

$1 Movie Weekends Reward: Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Offer ends April 2, 2023. Offer limited to Xfinity Rewards Members with Xfinity X1, or Xfinity Internet customers with an activated Xfinity Flex box or through Xfinity Stream, while supplies last. To redeem Members must log into their account through customer.xfinity.com/Rewards or the Xfinity App and click ‘Get this reward’ button and then rent their movie by the expiration date. $1 Movie has no cash value, may not be redeemed for cash, and cannot be used for any movie rented before claiming the $1 movie. May only be applied toward rentals of XFINITY On DEMAND™ qualifying movies up to a $5.99 value. Limited to one $1 movie rental per account/household per weekend (each weekend begins Friday at 12AM EST and ends Sunday at 11:59PM EST) from February 10, 2023 through April 2, 2023.Taxes and fees extra. Valid in the United States; void where prohibited.  Comcast reserves the right to modify or cancel offer at any time. May not be assigned or transferred. May not be combined with other offers. All redemptions are final.

Although the email arrived on Tuesday, my Rewards page did not have a "$1 Movie Weekend" offer then and still does not have one today, Wednesday. Maybe it will on Friday?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

ETA: Still not there today, Friday 2/31.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here