U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 10:48 PM

Closed

Xfinity deleted some of my DVR recordings and says they are not recoverable.

All my DVR recordings older than April 2021 have been deleted.  Xfinity first said that they are not recoverable because they were deleted over 24 hours ago but then they searched and found they were deleted just the previous day.  I did not delete them.  Xfinity then said that if they are on Demand I can just stream them.  These programs were NOT on demand and how dare they say suggest something I already had recorded can be streamed if it's on demand??  Xfinity then said that they are permanently deleted.   Anyone who works in IT knows that nothing is ever permanently deleted.  I demand that my programs, which I did not delete, are returned!  They were special recordings.  Please help.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Welcome to the club.  I have now lost 22 recordings since December and I assume it will continue.  The tech guy who came out said it's a back office issue and not your equipment.  And if you look further on this forum you will see many many customers having the same problem.  Sorry but Xfinity is not interested in getting their back office to fix this.  Mine were deleted on some random basis and not by age or alpha.  And I have an escalated ticket number and all that but so far no fix.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I can understand the frustrations and I will be happy to look into the issue for you, @user_c8b21c .

Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

~~~~

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_50e138! I'm so sorry to hear you have lost recordings that mean something to you, and I'll help as much as I can. There is a good chance they are gone though at this time. The recently deleted folder inside the X1 system is where recordings go when deleted, and if they are there you can restore them no problem. Did the agent you spoke with the first time walk you through how to get to the restore option, or did you not find them in the recently deleted folder? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Recordings are being deleted randomly (e.g., Episode 5, 12, and 23) and they are NOT in the deleted items folder. They are just gone.  This has been happening for a few months now.  And they are all set to save unless space is needed, and the DVR is at less than 50%.

This comment has been converted into a post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello @user_9d6e2f! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums with your concerns. I'm sorry to hear you are losing recorded episodes before you are ready to delete them and I would love to take a closer look into the recording history to see if we can figure out why this is happening so we can fix it. Please send us a DM with your first/last name, the account holders first/last name (if different) and service address so we can help! 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here