CactusThorn's profile

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

Friday, June 2nd, 2023 5:27 AM

Closed

X1 upgrade - a SECOND upgrade required?

I received an email "Action Needed: Your TV equipment needs to be replaced" very similar to the one I previously received.

Both emails referenced June 12, though my On Demand actually went away on May 31.

I had ordered new equipment from the first email, and it had arrived, so on May 31 I hastened to install it and activate it and got it (mostly) working.

The first email (received May 18) listed the serial number from my legacy cable box as "equipment to be replaced".

The new email (received June 1) lists BOTH the serial numbers of my legacy cable box AND the new box I just received and installed as "equipment to be replaced".

So, what is going on?  Is a SECOND upgrade needed?  Was there something wrong with the equipment originally sent out?  Or is there something wrong with the way Xfinity is generating and sending out these emails?

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@CactusThorn , Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here