U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 3:05 PM

Closed

why my on demand stopped working. it is giving me a code of M!DCBPF

The on demand stopped working several days ago. It is very frustrating considering how much money I pay to Comcast each month for cable. Please give me a suggestion as to how to solve the situation

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am getting the same error code. It is upsetting.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this error. Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for contacting us on the forums, @user_9eb30b! I'm sorry to hear about your On Demand issues, but we can definitely help. I know you posted this a couple of days ago, so is this still an issue you're dealing with?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityTimothy​ Yes! We are all dealing with this!

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_dbf120. I'd love to look into what's happening with your DVR concerns. To startm what box model do you have and are you having any issues accessing your programs through our streaming app or is it only when using the cable box? 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

For us, On Demand is working but not displaying new episodes or new programs. What is not working is the Find Shows search function which results in the M!DCBPF code and try again in a few minutes message. Please fix this for all of us, Xfinity.

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

@NJSenior​ I also get this error code from the search function.  I do see at least some new episodes (for example, "CSI Vegas" and 2 other CBS shows for 5/4/23).  Some newer shows (or seasons) were never put into folders and need the search function to access them, and now even that doesn't work.

(Note that a lot of shows are airing repeat episodes this time of year, and thus new episodes will not exist for them; do you have an example of a missing new episode?)

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

One example - season 6 of ID Discovery's  Still a Mystery  is not listed on On Demand. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

Another: Jimmy Kimmel, Live!  

Not listed alphabetically nor "By Network" and using search, which used to work, returns M!DCBPF.

No new episodes (writers' strike), but older episodes are still available if only we could access them.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue and very frustrating.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We've been relegated to using the search function for at least a year.   Alphabetization over the past several years has gotten so outrageously horrendous that we can barely find programs listed,  or they're simply not there--and that goes for the programs themselves or the most recent episodes.  For the past 6 months,  we have frequently been running into this error,  and sometimes have had to wait hours for the "minutes" were asked to have patience for.  We are soooooo unhappy with your monopoly in our location. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_e82aad. We truly appreciate you for posting and sharing your experience. I can understand how frustrating this must be and would like to take a deeper look into the error code you're receiving. Can you please verify the model cable box you're using for me? I'd like to see if the issue is with the box itself. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here