domter's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 2:22 AM

watch barbie without asl

Trying to watch the Barbie movie WITHOUT ASL. Says there are two versions, but no matter what is picked, the ASL comes on in the lower right corner. How can I turn this off or FORCE MAX to play the non-ASL version?

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @domter, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you say "Barbie Movie" into your X1 remote you will see the multiple versions to pop up, so you can watch the movie without ASL. 

1 Message

I’m having this issue when I click on the regular version the asl one still comes on. Is there a way to toggle it off?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityChelseaB​ nope - still not working!  Maybe don’t charge so much if your stuff isn’t going to work properly??

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_4q1s1k There is not an option to toggle the ASL version off as it is a separate version of the movie. When selecting Barbie the first option on the left for me is the non-ASL version. If you hit watch options you can make sure that the free option for MAX | HBO is selected if you are selecting MAX the app may need to select the correct version again once the app launches. If you still encounter the incorrect version playing if using one of our X1 boxes do a system refresh by saying "Refresh Box" into your X1 voice remote. This will ask if you want to perform a system refresh with "Refresh Now" Select that option to continue with the refresh and once done try again. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_acb045 Please let us know if you are still having issues with the Barbie movie. We are happy to help.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

Still having issues.  Now I have to say more because your website requires 20 characters.

1 Message

5 months ago

Having the same issue here. The one that is supposed to be non-ASL has ASL. Something must be messed up with the Xfinity / Max programming.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_noagst Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

5 months ago

The director's commentary is playing for me rather than the actual movie.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_d48n5b Did you by chance choose the movie that has the directors' commentary? If you say "Barbie Movie" into your X1 remote you will see the multiple versions to pop up

1 Message

No it wasn’t I want to watch the movie Barbie without the director talking through it 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_7itf60 Are you still having this issue when trying to watch your movie? 

1 Message

This is also happening to me.  All of the Barbie Movies are Director Cuts.

1 Message

5 months ago

The system refresh is a complete waste of time. X1 box lists two versions but only plays one. Had to launch non-ASL version of movie through the Max App to get rid of ASL person.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @nwcom. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the issue with playing the movie. Are you experiencing this issue with any other movie or strictly with the Barbie Movie?

1 Message

Hey Barbie!  I am having the same issue and I have been unable to resolve it.  Help. 

1 Message

Same thing here. This is really annoying. The only two options are the ASL version and the Directors cut version that has Greta Gerwig speaking throughout the entire movie. Why don’t you have a option to watch the original movie without ASL and without the Director chatting throughout?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_r8loty If you launch the Max app you can then find the correct Option for the Barbie movie there. Selecting the Non ASL version directly in the MAX app on your X1 box is a great workaround to help make sure you can watch the version you enjoy! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here