boas4's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 20th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Turner Classic Movies - what happened to On Demand?

Tonight before dinner my husband was watching a movie on TCM On Demand with no problems. After dinner, he went back to the movie and got a new screen saying that the movie was now only available as a subscription.  What was part of our service vanished in just 20 minutes. What is going on? Tried to verify that both TCM and TCM On Demand were part of our subscription, but the Xfinity page for my account doesn't have details. Cannot find TCM in the channel line up. I want the TCM On Demand service restored immediately. 

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@Again thanks for the suggestion but we were already subscribed to TCM. And to a bunch of other channels where we subsequently lost the ability to stream any episodes of various series we only watch time-shifted via streaming (such as NatGeo, WILD and others). Then, just like magic, Comcast restored the service we previously had days earlier. It's almost like they heard our family discussion about finally ditching the way-too-expensive cable service. While our service was failing  I spoke with three separate customer service reps and none of them had an answer - very pleasant people, but clueless about our service issues. Since our experience, we've seen numerous posts on another local board of neighbors with similar experiences losing channels and streaming capability. So since it got fixed, Comcast knew about the problem, did not tell their customer service reps and most importantly, did not tell their customers. Or even acknowledge that this 20+ year customer even had a problem...total fail by Comcast in customer service and satisfaction. One way to make it better is a credit on my next bill...I'm waiting to see that!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@boas4 wrote:

Tonight before dinner my husband was watching a movie on TCM On Demand with no problems. After dinner, he went back to the movie and got a new screen saying that the movie was now only available as a subscription.  What was part of our service vanished in just 20 minutes. What is going on? Tried to verify that both TCM and TCM On Demand were part of our subscription, but the Xfinity page for my account doesn't have details. Cannot find TCM in the channel line up. I want the TCM On Demand service restored immediately. 

TCM is part of the Sports and Entertainment tier.  Are you subscribled to that?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here