Sunday, November 12th, 2023 12:41 AM

Closed

Restart and watch now features removed

Restart and watch now features removed

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

11 months ago

These were really good features of OnDemand options. It made almost unlimited choices on many channels not just AddOns so my viewing was very satisfying. Now, it's suddenly gone. Not only am I losing my choices of how to view but am forced to waste time and program continuity having to wait through numerous, continuously repeated, stupid commercials being drilled into my head. NOT fair! Seems like another greedy way to force how I watch tv while paying significant amounts. 

4 Messages

I agree 100%!!!! Furthermore, it's NOT the service that I signed up for. Every time I call Xfinity, I get someone in the Philipines or India. And of course, nobody knows what I'm talking about!! I've tried 3 times already!! It's so annoying. How do I get someone in the United States? I'm disabled, so television is truly important to me. Since I can't get anybody that even speaks English well. I'm currently checking out streaming sites, WOW, and AT&T. I've been an Xfinity customer for 27 years, phone, cable, and internet. You would think I would get better service. I pay $314 every month!!! This may be the straw that broke the camel's back. More to come!!!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, @user_4ew6x8 and @msmamie68! I apologize that the Watch Now and Restart functions have not been showing. This is a problem we are aware of and actively working on. You will see these both come back to your service once our Engineering team is done with the repair work.

You can still navigate to the program using On Demand or you can say the program name into the voice remote (and select an episode if it is a show and not a movie) to Watch Now. There is no temporary solution to Restart aside from Rewinding the show.

We appreciate your patience and will update this thread as soon as this is fixed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Nobody has ever told me this before. So why hasn't my bill been adjusted to reflect crappy service? Those two functions were why I stuck with xfinity. When will those functions return? Why did they take them away? It's not what I signed up for. Kind of like breech of contract. I've never, ever, missed even one payment in almost 30 years. Why would I stay with xfinity if it sucks so bad? My bill should be $100 a month cheaper. At least for the last month I've been without those functions. There are a lit of people on Facebook that are upset about this. I have 3300 friends on Facebook and you would be surprised how many people are tired of paying so much every month, especially since it wasn't what they signed up for. Please return those two functions!!! I'm disabled and tv is all I have and now it really sucks! I'm looking into streaming, AT&T and WOW. I don't want to switch but you're leaving me no choice.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_4ew6x8 Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team to provide the feedback, and get some assistance with your services.  I can see you enjoy your services, and we want to be sure we try an accomodate our loyal customers as much as possible. You should see the restart function available now. Can you please check to see if it's available. If not, please power cycle your box for about 20 seconds, and then try again. I look forward to hearing back from you on the outcome. Additionally, I would be happy to take a closer look at your services, make any necessary adjustments to your account while you were without services. To get started, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address?

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

How can I get the "watch now" function back on my system?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @mfherman1 this issue is still being worked on. The temporary solution is to power cycle your box for about 20 seconds, and then try again. If that does not work rewind to the desired start point after playback begins. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here