Rosedale1's profile

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Tuesday, April 11th, 2023 6:51 PM

Closed

Recently Viewed Folder Has Disappeared

I have a nonX1 box.  Began watching a program on demand earlier today.   I accessed on demand to continue watching this program.  The Recently Viewed Folder has vanished.   Was this Folder moved from the main on demand home screen to another location?  Has anyone else noticed this?  I rebooted the the box which didn't correct the problem. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the same problem. I am looking forward to finding out what’s going on.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_84baab, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I understand how annoying it would be to not have the options to view your recently watched OnDemand content. Are you also using a non X1 TV box?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I am also using  a non X1 box

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

1 year ago

The folder has disappeared from my On Demand menu as well.  When the program I'm watching ends, the screen goes to my Recently Viewed content as it always had, but when I leave that list, there is no way to return to that folder.  Please undelete the folder.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello, @Bulkington. Have you tried a system refresh?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

A single folder disappearing from a menu is not a "me problem".  As luck would have it, there was a power outage so, yes, the box has been restarted.  The folder remains MIA; channel 1995 returns "This set-top box is good to go". 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@Bulkington  To confirm, you have a non-X1 box correct? Are you seeing this issue across all the boxes in the home? Is this the only feature that has gone missing that you can tell? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

yes non-X1, missing folder is the issue

Has a ticket been opened?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Got it, I just wanted to double-check. This does appear to be a known issue for non-X1/Legacy Equipment. It seems this started a couple of days ago, and we've been working to get this fixed. I don't have an estimated resolution time, but I can assure you it's being worked on currently and we are aware of the error. @Bulkington

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I was actually watching tv and placing programs into the Recently Viewed folder when it disappeared at midnight last night.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

1 year ago

I'm not seeing any comments from Xfinity Customer Support.   Could someone please give an update as to when this problem will be resolved. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello Rosedale1 thanks for posting here with this concern. We are more than happy to get this resolved for you, can you tell us if you have this same problem outside of watching on demand content? Do you see any content when you click "last" on your remote? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

1 year ago

The only problem is the disappearance of the Recently Viewed Folder.   Since other people are also having this problem, could you check with a Technician to see what they're doing to repair this.   Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you @Rosedale1 for your time and patience today. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your recently viewed folder disappearing. Have you performed a system refresh by going into settings, help, and then system refresh?-Richard

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I have a nonX1 box and don't have the options you've listed for a system refresh.   Has this problem been reported to Technical Support as it's affecting multiple customers. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, @Rosedale1. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your On Demand folder, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Thanks but the last time I went thru secret messaging,  nothing was resolved because the problem (like this) was a nationwide issue.   And, the Xfinity person remotely messed around with my settings which resulted in my TV picture shrinking to 1/4 of it's size.   Try messaging someone else on this post and they can let us all know if it worked. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I understand completely. I am here for your support. If you'd like to look into these issues, or if you have any questions about your options, please let me know. If you have an older (non-X1) cable box, there's a chance it could be reaching an "end of life" status, which can cause certain features like On Demand and Pay Per View to stop working. You will usually receive notifications about this well ahead of time, however, so you can make arrangements to have older boxes replaced before any changes occur.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I posted earlier but doesn’t seem to be here……if you go to on demand and start a program, then stop it, your Recently Viewed folder will be there with all your Recently Viewed programs. This is I little inconvenient but at least should help until they fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@Rosedale1   I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the recently viewed folder. We'd be happy to help. If a refresh and restart has not resolved the issue, please send us a DM so we can go through the steps to submit a ticket for the issue. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

it would be nice if you or someone  at your esteemed corporation would provide an update.

This is not a moonshot you're fixing.

Apologizing ad nauseum does not constitute customer service.

Please note this post is FIVE days from your original post.

Thank you Official Xfinity Employee.

pa

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, @user_8c873a. We are aware of this issue impacting our Non X1/ Legacy TV customers, and apologize for the inconvience this has caused. While we don't have an estimated time of resolution to provide at this time; please know this is important to us, and we're working towards resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime we recommend navigating On Demand by using the search function. Thank you so much for your pateince and understanding.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

1 year ago

Comcast is aware that this is a nationwide issue and that their Engineers are working on resolving it. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

i have an older box, not the x1. and my recently viewed option for on demand is missing as well

tech support wasn't able to help and she said she was escalating it. there seems to be no awareness of this problem[

has anyone heard anything further on this or regained this option?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Same here…. Contacted Comcast today…guy from far, far away said it would take 2 hours to fix… it’s now been 3 hours

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Same here.. was told it would take 2 hours to fix….not so.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Sick and tired of xfinity.. unable to speak with a human.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_bb8316​ 

i spoke with someone, a senior IT person, god knows where but not here, two days ago. she said i would have an email in my account when it was fixed. she offered and gave me a 15 dollar credit. you should do the same just for the aggravation of dealing with them. 

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. But there are so many

just tried to check their email in my account. It won't open.

(edited)

pa

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Should I get new boxes?… 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_bb8316​ 

If you have a tv that will take a new box, why don't you switch? i don't mean because of the missing "recently reiewed" but the boxes we have now will be phased out so well have no choice. It was supposed to happen years ago. I had a comcast agent who helped me on the phone but she left the company. they're downsizing support as you can tell.

and with all this aggravation you could probably get new free upgrades. they started to offer me that on the phone. 

pa

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Still not fixed…this is rather annoying.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Talk to xfinity representative yesterday and they had no idea why it disappeared and who to ask. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @thanku10, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I understand how frustrating it can be when changes are unexpectedly made. I would like to review the account as there have been some changes to TV boxes recently. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

You KNOW what the problem is.  I spend an hour with a customer service rep yesterday for the exact same issue. 

The "Recently Viewed" menu choice has disappeared on old boxes.

What don't you understand?  

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ I just checked my on demand today and recently viewed tab is back!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Time for a change cause they don't do anything but take our money and take channels away.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_aa28b3  I would be happy to assist you with your billing and service concerns. Can you provide me with what the channels that you’re missing are?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here