P

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 12:07 AM

Closed

Peacock keeps opening the same episode of a series, instead of remembering which episode I was on before

Every show I watch ends up picking an episode to 'get stuck' on, and everytime I go back into Peacock and start that show it goes to a timestamp within that episode instead of the episode that I'm on.

For example, with Modern Family it always goes to the holiday episode scene where the mother fakes cutting her fingers off
Or with Americas Got Talent its always the 1st set of auditions about 1/3rd of the way through the episode.

Is there any way to fix this?

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @phubughads, I'm sorry to hear about the strange issue! The first step is usually to try logging out and back in and/or uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. Have you already attempted those troubleshooting steps? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityGina Hi Gina, this is happening on my Flex box, I probably should have included that information with my first post.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

No worries. I've experienced this issue with other apps too. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. Since you can't log out of the Peacock app, that won't be of any help. Have you attempted to restart the device to see if that clears it up? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having the exact same issue. Watching any show on Flex is frustrating and annoying. I’d love for it to not send me backwards 6 seasons leaving me to dig for where I left off! I do not see a way to reset it either.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @Kat2800. Are you having this issue on all apps or just our Peacock app? Are you noticing this issue at the end or in the middle of an episode? For instance are you wanting to pull up the seires in the middle of the same episode or the following episode?

You may also try clearing cache and cookies from the box. You go to Xfinity or the home button. Click the gear icon, go to settings. From there privacy, and then it should say clear cookies and local storage data. Please only do this though if you know your username and password information for any apps you are logged into. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here