U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 20th, 2021 6:53 PM

Closed

paramount plus not working

When I try to access Paramount+ through the box I get a message telling me I need a new box. However, all of the other streaming apps work just fine. I just received a new box about 3 months ago. What is the problem?

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

2 years ago

@Tracy671 and all other users

Thank you for sharing your experience in our forums as well. So when trying to order Paramount+, the following set top boxes are not compatible with those two streaming channels, and you would need to to exchange your box if you want to subscribe to it. 

The following boxes are not compatible with Paramount +

• RNG150
  • Pace Xi3
  • Samsung XG2v2
  • Arris XG1v1
  • Pace XG1v1

To access Paramount+ programming, you’ll need:

1. One of the following:
    • A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) or a compatible X1 TV Box with Xfinity X1 service, including:
      • Xfinity Flex
        • Xi6 streaming TV Box
        • XiOne streaming TV Box
      • Xfinity X1
        • XG2v2 (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • XG1v3 (DVR; Arris or Pace Model)
        • XG1v4 (DVR; Arris Model)
        • XiD (Non-DVR; Pace or Cisco Model)
        • Xi5 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • Xi6 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Arris or Technicolor Model)
  2. Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  3. A subscription to Paramount+.

We should note, that although you may have "newer" equipment from Xfinity, it still may not be 100% compatible for Paramount+ services. If you have one of the above listed non-compatible television boxes, you can exchange your box at the local Xfinity store. If you choose we can also send you one by mail. If you would like us to mail you new equipment or you have any additional questions, please send us a direct message with your full name and address. You can send our team a Direct message by first being signed into the forums. Then click the "chat" icon located in the upper right (left of the notification bell), next click the pen/pad icon, and lastly choose "Xfinity Support". 

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_cef423. I hope you're having a great day. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing the Paramount Plus app. Just to confirm we're talking about the right app, Paramount is a traditional cable channel that requires a live TV subscription, while Paramount Plus is a standalone streaming service.

Are you subscribed to the Paramount Plus app?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Jam having the same issue.  I’m trying to watch Seal Team on Paramount +.  I select the episode.  The screen goes blank with a revolving circle in the middle.  After a minute I get an error message the says the system is experiencing difficulties and to try again later.  There is no code number given for the error.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_83f88a, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue with the Paramount + app. We will do all we can to get to the bottom of the issue and help. Are you able to let us know if you subscribe to that app and if you have already reset your equipment? Are you also using your cable box? If yes, what type of cable box do you have? (Make and model) 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_83f88a same issue i am having watching SEAL team so frustrating its ridiculous having to pay for a service and you cant even use it.  

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hello, @user_566a0b.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have subscribed to Paramont+ yet when I select it from the xfinity apps the message I get is that if I want to watch my selection I need to upgrade my equipment. I am really frustrated because I have to use Apple TV to select apps that I pay for and are available on xfinity.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@Tracy671

Thank you for sharing your experience in our forums as well. So when trying to order Paramount+, the following set top boxes are not compatible with those two streaming channels, and you would need to to exchange your box if you want to subscribe to it. 

The following boxes are not compatible with Paramount +

• RNG150
  • Pace Xi3
  • Samsung XG2v2
  • Arris XG1v1
  • Pace XG1v1

You can exchange your box at the local Xfinity store, or we can mail you one. If you would like us to mail you one, please send me a direct message with your full name and address. You can send me a Direct message by first being signed into the forums. Then click the "chat" icon located in the upper right (left of the notification bell), next the click pen/pad icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. 

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same trouble.. paramount + app isn’t working. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_9e8691! I love being able to access my streaming apps from my cable box so I'd be upset if it wasn't working. Rest assured, I'll stick with you here until we get to the bottom of this. Are you able to use the app with other devices? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Are you getting a specific error message wen you try to open it? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having trouble getting to see anything on Paramount+. What can YOU do to help me.  I can see everything, but the ability to get around is impossible!  It is very slow, cumbersome to work and impossible to watch anything.  I just paid for a year’s subscription to Paramount+ and I am thinking I need to cancel if I can’t see anything on it.  Can you help with this issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having same issues as above, searches a long time and keeps freezing up. I also purchased a year subscription, spotty service!! What can I do?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also having the exact same issue. Paramount + not working through Xfinity. I get error, but it does not give an error code #. I have no problem streaming it on my iPad, but does NOT work on my TV via Xfinity. Disappointing. I plan to cancel the service.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_98f6d1, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your Paramount+ streaming service! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps in order to get this issue resolved? We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer and we are here to help with troubleshooting! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

What a joke. I lost hbomax, hbo,  showtime, disney+, and paramount+ . After dealing with Comcast for over a week, I finally broke down and got a upgraded box. The agent sent me a link to tell me which box will run paramount+  I got XG1V2.5 which they claim will run paramount+ . Spent 1hr 34 with customer service trying to get the apps to work. Still says " You need to upgrade your box for these featured to work." I have the latest box that's AVAILABLE! Apps STILL NOT WORKING. Even sent to tech support. WHAT A JOKE!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So, do we get any resolution to the issues or do we just have to cancel the subscription?  I know this is a forum for issues, but do they get resolved or answered?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_acf5b1. We are certainly here to help. The original post stated they couldn't access the application at all. With that said, I see others do have initial access but the performance is very limited. In your case, I see you are able to select and open the app. I get it may not be performing well, but it does allow you to select content. Is that correct, or do you have issues opening the app as well? Is this isolated to your Xfinity equipment, or do you have this issue on other platforms as well?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have a similar problem the paramount + and discovery apps are the only ones the give me problems all other apps work very well…. I’ve deleted and refreshed and when I try to watch anything on paramount + it will start but it has a shadow screen over the content I am trying to watch and it says “error code” and “please try again later” but then there is no error code and I have to start over….. please help….

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue same apps. I have Roku on another tv with no issues. It’s xfinity

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello @user_f205d7, did you need additional assistance?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am an Xfinity customer like the rest of you and I have the same problem. There does not appear to be a solution and I am  about ready to cancel Paramount Plus. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I also am having the same issue and yes, before you ask, I subscribe to Paramount Plus. And I can watch on my other devices.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same problem. It acts like a slow connection. I’ve been able to watch their new series ,1883, but that’s it. Everything else times out like a connection issue.

I’ve restarted and checked my connection, which was good. 

paramount plus app version 4.16.15

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_359082. Thanks for letting us know! This type of issue requires little troubleshooting and we always want to put in a ticket to bring attention to the issue. The more tickets we get the quicker it will get resolved. Does it happen on both TV boxes? When it times out, what message does it give?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am able to stream on other devices - laptop, ipad - and some other xfinity boxes in the house.  Maybe I need a new device for this room.  Right now, I am very tempted to cancel Paramount+.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Your equipment may not be compatible.

To access Paramount+ programming, you’ll need:

1. One of the following:
    • A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) or a compatible X1 TV Box with Xfinity X1 service, including:
      • Xfinity Flex
        • Xi6 streaming TV Box
        • XiOne streaming TV Box
      • Xfinity X1
        • XG2v2 (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • XG1v3 (DVR; Arris or Pace Model)
        • XG1v4 (DVR; Arris Model)
        • XiD (Non-DVR; Pace or Cisco Model)
        • Xi5 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • Xi6 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Arris or Technicolor Model)
    • TV Boxes that aren’t compatible:
      • RNG150
      • Pace Xi3
      • Samsung XG2v2
      • Arris XG1v1
      • Pace XG1v1
    • See if your TV Box will work with our OTT Streaming Partner Apps like Paramount+.
  2. Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  3. A subscription to Paramount+.

You can find out more here https://comca.st/3JnCd8a

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Seriously....after all these posts and (Edited: Language) questions you asked everyone...u finally post this useful information?

U didn't know this info days ago?????

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having same problem with Paramount +
it will load menu screen, that takes a long time, and when I select it spins for awhile and just says error try again later. App used to work been having this problem for 2 months now.  I’ve traded in my Box for different  one and same issue. I’ve cleared all cookies in privacy, still problem persists . I have logged out, logged back in sane problem. I Have rebooted modem, rebooted boxes. App used to work on this Television so something has either changed in the App or we all have had connections. Speed test sets its 599mbps. I have hit the wall. I can run this app on my phone no problems. I’ve seen plenty of posts that describe same problem but no solutions 

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_ef015a Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. I would be more than happy to help. There was also an official answer we posted above, which refers to the specific Xfinity equipment that is officially compatible with the Paramount+ App, and which are not. Were you able to confirm your equipment is compatible? If so, I would be more than happy to assist you further in troubleshooting the issue via a private message. Please message us privately with your name and service address following the steps below, and we will get to the bottom of this!

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello,

My issue is very similar to those mentioned above.  I can open the Paramount + app, but it moves VERY slowly.  When I navigate to my show (ST Discovery, in this case) and select an episode, I see the spinning "thinking" icon for as long as a minute, and then I get an error message stating "Something has gone wrong! Please try again later. Error code -"  There is a big blue button that says OK, but it won't allow me to press that button.  Sometimes the show plays behind the error message and blue OK button. When I push the main ok button on my remote I am brought back to the episodes screen in Paramount +.  I have an Xfinity X1 system that I have only had since last summer.  Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @user_7b723d Than you for reaching out over our community forums about this issue. We are aware of the slower time that it takes to run the app successfully and we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have set a reminder to keep an eye on this issue for any updates. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I also am having this same issue, for about 4 weeks now. I contacted xfinity support via phone, have tried all of the standard troubleshooting procedures (restarting the box, clear cookies, system reset, etc.,) and have had no resolution. I have replaced the set top box twice and still the issue is not resolved. I also am considering cancelling because I am paying for access to content I cannot enjoy for over a month now.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Xfinity just blows my mind with what they tell people to pacify the situation. I was just told that paramount + is a separate entity and xfinity cannot help me with the problems with app. . I also pay for 1200mbs internet and get around 400 with even their own Speedtest. Always an excuse but xfinity won’t fix anything

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hi @user_7b723d I wanted to reach back out to let you know that we are still working to resolve the issue with Paramount. We will continue to keep you updated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

I apologize for the customer experience you have had, @Darylambrous. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting the app as well as your internet speeds! We definitely want you to have a good customer experience and get the speeds you are paying for. 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. I have to watch on my Apple TV

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here