D

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2022 12:59 AM

Closed

Paramount plus app not working with an X1 box

Hi there, tons of people including myself have issues with the Paramount Plus app streaming on Xfinity. Yes the actual streaming app, not the channel. We have a compatible box, but there is no way to upgrade the paramount+ app, and no way to delete it and re-download. Like everyone, it buffers too long as it's loading shows and it errors out, sometimes playing the show behind the error box. You have to try like 7 times before maybe it works. I have already tried logging in/out in the app settings, didn't work. I now am forced to use a fire stick to stream instead which is not convenient when we spend what we do for cable. Please provide working steps to get the latest version of the app and what is the latest version (the one we currently have is show 4.17.3 but the livestream app said it's in version 8! This must be old!

Why is there no way to update in the Paramount+ settings.) Also how can we just delete and re-install this app. It's not listed with Showtime, and other channels like that on my Xfinity account page, there is no link to the paramount+ app. Their website has no helpful info either except saying we must have an outdated version.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Reading through all the postings before me, I have refreshed till the cows came home, reset my modem, reset my cable box, etc.  Like others, Paramount+ worked fine until just months ago, so it is not our equipment and it is not on our end.  It is on your end....Xfinity.....perhaps you can get together with Paramount+ and come to a solution for all of us.  I am paying a great deal for Xfinity and there are other providers I can go to, like when AT&T knocks on my door again.  Fix this sooner, rather than later.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

All - not sure what happened to my earlier post - it was there, now gone - so i will post it again.  I too was struggling with the paramount + app on my xfinity devices. Calls to support, rebooting box and modem, new xfinity box, all to no avail.  Today i decided to call paramount +, and the person there said it WAS NOT XFINITY, the problem was on their end!  He said they do not know when it will be fixed but they are actively working on it.  He said if you have a newer smart TV download the app and run from there, NOT thru Xfinity.  If that is not an option, you can do what i did, moved a roku device from a spare TV and hooked it to my main TV - paramount + work perfect.  They did give me a one month credit!  Hoping they get it fixed soon!  Paramount + phone is [Edited: "Personal Information"].  Turtletoo - you can stop bashing xfinity as it is not an issue on their end.  With that said, you think THEY would know the issue is with the paramount app and their equipment and just tell us all that, rather than having us chase our tails with all the reboots, saying i have bad hdmi cables, telling me i need a new cable box, etc......... maybe this post will enable xfinity to know what is going on!?!?!  Good luck all - ready to watch 1923 tonight on my roku stick with NO GLITCHING! 😆

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We also cannot get Paramount + and Xfinity to work together.  I have tried to worked with Paramount +, but all I get is scripted messages.  I ended up cancelling Paramount +.  I cannot afford to be paying for extra streaming equipment for their bad software.  Sadly I will miss some great shows.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_769f8c​ 

I was told it’s paramount fault they are trying to fix 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Greetings, @user_769f8c and thread. I like a lot of the Paramount+ programming as well and apologize that the app has not been working. We appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps that has been tried. I am seeing that the app freezing or timing out when loading or error APPS-04036 is a known issue being worked on by our Engineers and Paramount. We do not have an estimate of when that will be resolved but will update the thread when that happens. You may be able to sign up for the service again at that time so you can watch your shows. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello, did you have any other questions or concerns that I can assist you with?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a solution that has worked for me today. Using your remote, go to the Xfinity button to select On Demand. Go to Apps and find Paramount+. Select, and sign in.  You may have to update your password. Once signed in, you can select the program you want and/or review episodes.  FYI...I have a soundbar and it works, as well.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_3beba9​   Thanks for the workaround.  All the previous messages are correct.  It doesn’t work correctly.  Years of this and it’s irritating to have no progress.  App works on my xfinity remote dvr in bedroom but not on the main dvr box.  
That’s nutz.  As a retired broadcast engineer I say stop the finger pointing and fix this.  Not fooling me thst it’s a combo problem needing a solution for obviously thousands of customers.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

The workaround using on demand to p+ works,  enough said… thanks! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Will Xfinity/Comcast being issuing a credit to us subscribers who pay for a channel/ap that we cant even use? Its ridiculously frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_a5cf14! Thanks for commenting on our Community Forums. What specific channels/apps are you having issues with? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Paramount plus still doesn’t work. Throws you back to cable. App works on iPhone and iPad but not Xfinity cable box. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

App not working for me as well.  Works great on my laptop through the same internet WIFI but not through the set top box.  My only work around is to plug my laptop into an HDMI connection on my TV and watch it that way.  Why can't this be corrected?  Do I need to replace my set top box with a 4K box?  I've heard that this is how some have resolved this problem.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Just for clarification, it's only the Paramount+ app that doesn't work.  No issues with Netflix or any normal cable subscribed channel.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

1 year ago

I think the issue here is somply the age of Comast's equipment and its just not able to properly handle the new apps and technology.

You's think at $9 a box, you'd get one that works.   

I have no issues on the secondary boxes, but the primary box - the old one -  has these issues.   

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

So, if it's the main box, then how do I get a new box that works?  Seems like this problem has existed for some time now.  They should be quite aware of this and have some ability to resolve it by now.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_04ab52  

the app has been working for the past week or so.  maybe an update has been applied.  

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

App not working at my location as of a couple of days ago.  Called support but they only had me do the same old reset and wait.  Nothing but using my laptop as a host has fixed this.  If a different set top box fixes this, then I need to find out how to get my hands on one.  Paying nearly $300 a month for a service that doesn't work sure does [Edited: "Language"]!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_04ab52 Not all cable boxes are compatible with Paramount+. Here is more information: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/paramount-plus-app. Do you have a compatible cable box? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I'll have to check which box I have.  The system was installed about 3 years ago.  The Paramount+ App was already installed as part of the Apps package on Xfinity Apps but I just began to use it a few days ago.  The problem I'm having is VERY intermittent streaming with frequent dropouts.  The App loads and logs me in without any error codes.  It does work on my laptop connected to the WIFI without any glitches.  Only a problem through the Xfinity App and only a Paramount+ issue.  All my other Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime and Peacock) work just fine without any lag or glitches.

If it is my box, how do I get a box that will work with the Paramount+?  Some have reported receiving a new box that was still not compatible as a replacement.  Would my local Xfinity store be able to do this swap? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_04ab52 If the cable box is compatible and having that issue, we will need to complete some troubleshooting on our end to see what is going on. There are two options regarding replacing the box. A new one can be picked up in-store at no cost, or we can ship one to the home. An appointment can be set up online: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-appointment-online to avoid any waiting in line as well. There is a onetime shipping cost of $15 that will be applied to the next bill, and you will receive it in 3-5 days. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Ended up picking up a Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ to save time.  Fixed all of my streaming issues with Paramount+ verifying that this is a Xfinity issue.  Absolutely love the ease of use and the phenomenal video quality.  Will probably reduce my programming with Xfinity since the Roku streams much of what I watch.  Just need local and FOX New now.;)

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

Hello and thank you for providing an update here on our Xfinity Forums! If you are looking to stream your local channels and Fox News, as look as you are connected to your in home Wi-Fi network and subscribed to those channels you can use our amazing Xfinity Stream app to view them! This link will provide more information on our Stream app: https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here