U

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

Wed, Sep 21, 2022 11:56 PM

On Demand TV program ends early

I recorded NCIS Hawaii & didn’t realize it was the second half of a 2-part crossover event. Part 1 was NCIS which aired right before NCIS Hawaii.

So I watched NCIS (season 20, episode 1) On Demand.

Then I watched the 2nd half of the crossover event which was NCIS Hawaii on the DVR. The recording starts one minute early & shows the tail end of NCIS which is part 1. Problem is the tail end of part 1 On Demand does not show those scenes. They are missing. The program ends early.

I proceeded to watch the last several minutes of NCIS on CBS.com. It has about 5 more minutes than the On Demand version. And they are crucial to the story line.

Is this normal for Xfinity to edit out parts of On Demand programs?

Official Employee

• 

377 Messages

3 d ago

Hello @user_793642! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ 

Are you implying the problem is at my end?

Official Employee

• 

636 Messages

No implication here at all. Just an offer to assist you. You are experiencing an issue with your On demand services and we would like to look further into your equipment, location and devices and ensure that there is not an issue there. Should you wish our assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us through direct message as advised. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here