E

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 2nd, 2023 4:28 AM

Closed

On Demand Charge I Did Not Purchase

The evening of May 31st, I was interested in watching the second Fast and Furious movie. I looked it up on my TV and found that one movie costed around $8. The entirety of the 9 movies together in a package costed a whopping $81.99. I decided against purchasing this package and even just one movie as I do not have $81 to blow on 9 movies that I most likely will watch once or not even at all.

This afternoon (June 1st) I received a notification from Xfinity thanking me for my $81 purchase for the Fast and Furious movie package. I thought this might have been a scam text message but it turns out that even though I DID NOT purchase any of those movies nor did I even want to, but my account was charged anyway.

This is absolutely absurd. I’m a university student that can only afford wifi and a few streaming subscriptions. I have no clue why Xfinity charged me for this. I have NOT used/watched any of the movies and I’m sure there is some way Xfinity can see that I have not used/watched any of the movies. I didn’t even watch any of the Fast and Furious movies as I didn’t want to spend the money, I didn’t want to somehow illegally stream it, and there weren’t any other legal streaming services to watch said movies.

I cannot even dispute the purchase on my Xfinity app as it simply states that this purchase is not eligible for dispute. I need this OFF of my account and I need the $81 REFUNDED.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Greetings, @ethanm! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear that purchase ended up going through, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. As long as you didn't actually watch any of the movies, we can reverse the charges and remove those from your account.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

I had the exact same thing happen to me! We only pay for internet service and I was charged 3 ON DEMAND movies at 19.99 ea and never even heard of these movies. I called customer service and spent 1 hr on the phone with where she offered to pay for half the $59.97 charge to my bill! I REFUSE to accept!! i will not pay for a mistake that was done on xifnity's end! After 1 hr of NO HELP AT ALL, she said i'd have to take it up to her supervisor who was unavailable at the time and that I needed to sign up for a call back. This is just the worst experience in billing history. And after decades of being a loyal customer, if this does not get removed from my bill, i will have no choice but to leave xfinity for good!

1 Message

How does this get resolved

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_8pkzso thank you for your comment. Should you need help with your account, we are happy to provide it. Please start by posting a new public post of your own. Once we have your public post, we can provide the correct help needed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

8 months ago

I purchased a movie through my Apple Account online, paid for the movie in my Apple Account, and watched the movie on my smart TV, not using the Flexstick Xfinity provided me with, which is connected to a different TV.

Why is Xfinity charging me 19.99 for a movie I purchased? I clearly own this movie in my Apple Account.

2 Messages

8 months ago

"To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session."

There is no pencil and paper icon. There is no way of starting a new direct message. 

My child sat on the remote control and somehow bought a $19.99 movie and Xfinity has made it impossible to speak to anyone about refunding it.

6 Messages

8 months ago

Happened to me too.  7 movies within 10 minutes charged against my internet service.  I never use, wanted, or even knew I had on-demand.  My sign-in log on the Comcast website shows that I wasn't even logged in at the time the movies were purportedly purchased.  My most recent log on was two days earlier, and that was only to pay my bill.

Once I was able to find a means of actually calling support (had to Google it since it isn't on the Xfinity site anywhere that I could find), and then three one-hour+ long phone calls to support later the charges have ultimately been reversed, but still.  No one on the xfinity side could tell me how the charges ended up there (although one tech did mention that this is something he has seen before of late).  At this point I have come to expect this kind of thing from Comcast, but still very frustrating.  The process of trying to get it resolved more so than than original unexplained charges.

@Xfinity:  This is clearly a KNOWN issue.  Please fix this.  It is fraudulent.  And attempting to reach someone from support seems INTENTIONALLY difficult and convoluted.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_3z5ged, thanks for reaching out to share your experience. We are glad to hear that you were able to get your charges reversed, but this is never the impression we wish to leave for our customers. If anything else comes up in the future, we do have a contact page on the Xfinity website that can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us. 

We offer support over live chat, text message, the Xfinity Assistant via the Xfinity app, as well as social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and this community forum. If you prefer talking over the phone, agents can also be reached by calling 1-800-266-2278, but using a digital option is typically faster due to call volume. 

If you need assistance with anything else, our team here is also happy to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here