U

10 Messages

Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 3:08 PM

Closed

New upgrade to X1 box

Comcast it's a shame you removed on demand from all cable boxes and are forcing customers to use the X1 box.  The X1 box is awful, the clear easy to read channel guide doesn't exist, on demand and everything is a complete nightmare!  There are numerous complaints about it.  You obviously didn't think this through before [Edited: "Language"] your customers, especially older people. I've had Comcast since 1996 and will now switch to Dish TV so I can have access to on demand and a channel guide that shows me what's on all day.  You could have easily kept on demand accessible on the older boxes so should rethink this before you lose many customers.  My 93 year old relative would never be able to use the X1 box or voice remote.  I want to plainly see on the guide what's going to be on TV, I don't want to have to search everywhere to find something to watch.  I want to see what's on and choose from there.  I don't want to see pictures of things all over my screen. Also, many of us don't use streaming, internet, gaming, etc. on our TV.  I don't need or want a voice remote.  You created this mess Comcast so you need to fix it ASAP.  You need to give customers a choice and not force us to use the X1 box just to access on demand.  Restore on demand access to all cable boxes.  If you don't you will lose many customers and a lot of revenue.  I believe you already know this.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_tjuj9p. We apprecicate you taking the time to reach our team on Forums regarding your concerns with the X1 equipment. We regularly update our equipment to ensure it is compatible with the latest technology. When we notice that customers are on outdated equipment that is no longer allowing them to get the most out of the services they’re paying for, we upgrade their equipment at no additional cost. Customers who choose not to move to our latest Xfinity X1 platform on an updated TV Box, will no longer be able to access On Demand and SVOD packages. As technology continues to evolve, the outdated TV Box may have other limitations. 

X1 provides the ultimate entertainment experience. With live TV, sports, streaming apps, On Demand, video purchases and your recordings all in one place, it’s easy to find what you want, whenever you want. Plus, with our award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote, you can just say it and see it.

Here's a helpful video that will give you step-by-step instructions on how to use your X1 Guide and hopefully find it easier to navigate. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns.

10 Messages

Thank you, but I dont want to say it and see it.  I want to access a channel guide that will show me what's on all day and choose from that.  Is it impossible for Comcast to add On Demand back to the Legacy boxes?  I think they can easily do this.  We should have been given a choice to keep the Legacy box or switch to the X1 box.  I tried the X1 box and know how it works but would never like it due to the way the guide and On Demand is presented.  I can't see having to hunt everywhere to find out what's on TV.  Please add On Demand back to the older boxes which show things in a clear, easy to use, and preferred format by many customers.  

10 Messages

Also, since 1996 I was getting the most from the services I was paying for with my older boxes and have always been happy with it.  I feel the new X1 box format is geared towards advertising, promotions, and sales.  People are extremely tired of that since it's pushed on us constantly everywhere you look.  I want a choice as to what cable box I want to use, which would be the standard format or high tech.  On Demand can surely be restored to the Legacy boxes which is what many customers want.  Thank you.  

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

@user_tjuj9p, we appreciate the feedback I'll make sure to pass this along to our great corporate team. I definitely understand where you're coming from with wanting the On Demand features returned. Like my awesome coworker had relayed, as our networks improve and become more sophisticated the older technology boxes such as the legacy equipment become outdated and can't support features like it once could: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-removed-select-tv-boxes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here