Alfred1's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, July 24th, 2021 7:07 PM

Closed

NBC Sports App for viewing Olympics on my TV

I use my TV remote to "Show me NBC Sports App" on my Samsung TV.  This works.    It tells me what is on now, upcoming, and full event replays.

But when I select something, I get those 3 circles that indicate it is working.  I never get connected.

I can watch whatever I want on my computer.  I have xfinity for both TV and internet.

I can access the internet using my TV.  I say "Show me YouTube" and I can watch YouTube content.

How can I get the NBC Sports App to work?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. Asked this yesterday night and I haven't gotten an answer yet. It works with Xfinity Stream on my phone.  I get the same options I see on my X1 DVR but it will not work through the X1.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why does this not connect…. So frustrating

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here.  Also, 4K UHD for Olympics is only working sporadically.  Sometimes it works and sometimes only one event will work.  Getting the same ... as the NBC sports app.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon everyone. We are so sorry for this trouble and inconvenience! We absolutely love the Olympics and we're excited about them too. We want to help get these programs figured out, so you can tune into the content you're searching for. If you can please perform a system refresh on your cable boxes and report back, did that resolve this problem for you? Feel free to reference this link on how to perform one, if needed: https://comca.st/2WeVnsC. ~Morgan

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMorgan I did a system refresh earlier and it did not work.

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

Thank you for the update! This is a known issue and our team is looking into this. We do not currently have any workarounds or an estimate on when it will get fixed. We will update this thread as we go to make sure everyone stays in the loop. Thank you everyone for your patience!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

The problem appears to be resolved for me but I will test further tomorrow.  I followed the same procedure I described in my original post.  I selected a replay of Japan vs. US Softball on my TV.  I saw the players standing in line before the game started.  But I turned it off because I'm going to watch NBC primetime coverage.  Tomorrow, I will attempt to replay something and actually watch it.  Hopefully, it will work.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I'm too tired to watch right now, but a second test worked.  I selected table tennis and saw a commercial for the new Bond movie, then an Olympic title sequence, then the opening seconds of table tennis.  So at least for me, I believe the problem is resolved.  I did nothing other than post here, so I assume something was done on the Xfinity end.  I hope this fixed it for everyone else too.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Yay! We're very happy to hear everything is back on track for you with your content/service. We certainly appreciate you confirming! If anything else happens to come up or if anyone else is still experiencing this problem after the system refresh, feel free to create a new post and we'll be happy to help. Thank you for all of your time and effort on your end! 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why do I only find the full event replays sporadically? WHY DO YOU SPOIL THE RESULTS WITH DESCRIPTIONS THAT GIVE AWAY THE WINNERS?

This makes it unwatchable.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here