U

Friday, January 26th, 2024 2:45 AM

Closed

Movies on On Demand playing in the wrong language!

I am attempting to watch Joy Ride on Starz On Demand and have while the language is showing as English and SAP is Off and I am watching on my wireless cable box it is only playing the Spanish language version of the movie. I attempted to call support but was on hold for more than 30 minutes before disconnecting the call. From searching the forums this is a common issue with no known resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

7 months ago

@user_a30f46 I know it's been two days, but are you still needing assistance? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

This is still a problem Jan 29 still not fixed the movie Joy Ride on STARZ can only be views in Spanish.  Unable to watch at all.  Pay entirely too much money for such a problem can anyone at Xfinity do something about this!?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_ca94b1 Thanks for the update. This is a known issue and we're working to get it fixed up as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the same issue with Joy ride 

1 Message

I am too!!! Annoying!!! 

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

@user_duwif3 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

265 Messages

There's a few more things we can check! Did you confirm that your Language is set to English U.S. (or your preferred language) before completing the reset? This is how you'd perform the reset:

Restore the default audio track

You can reset your audio track back to the default with Audio Language Reset. The default will stay in place until you pick a new track from the Audio Options panel.

You can get to Audio Language Reset by going to Settings in X1 and either choosing LanguageAudio or Accessibility.

There's more on SAP online. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

This happens to be free Starz movies for the weekend and every title that I wanted to watch is broadcasting in Spanish. All my settings are correct for English. I became an expert on Super Bowl Sunday when the game was also broadcast in Spanish and everybody had a hissy fit. I did call Xfinity technical support to report a problem and they confirmed my settings are correct so again here we go. This really is unacceptable service from such a big corporation and we can blame stars for overlaying the movies into Xfinity’s system but ultimately it’s Xfinity’s fault for not checking what they appear to be putting out on their system. I’m really disappointed and I just renewed my contract so I’m truly thinking about leaving permanently. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here