radar920's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2024 1:39 PM

Closed

List of Live Shows that are Available On Demand?

Hello,

I have Xfinity X1. I have noticed that several live shows in the Guide provide me the option to Restart the show from the beginning. I'll provide just two examples, Good Morning America on ABC and Squawk Box on CNBC, but there appear to be many shows that offer this feature. My understanding is that this option is provided for shows that Xfinity offers under the On Demand service. Questions:

1) Is my understanding correct?

2) Is there a comprehensive list of channels or shows that are available On Demand? I'd like to see which are available without scrolling through the guide to look for the restart icon on each show. 

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

910 Messages

7 months ago

radar920 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I am not aware of an option or voice command to see the content available to restart from the beginning. The On Demand section should have a Live TV section where most of those programs would have the option to start from the beginning.

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

6 months ago

I'm fairly new to the X1 service, but I have observed that for live shows, you can go back the smaller of 1 hour or to the time when you changed to that channel.  Then, if it happens to actually go back to the beginning of the show, it puts in "Restart" as an option; otherwise it shows "jump to xx:xx" or something like that, and you can go back but not all the way.  These show on the left arrow after you press the "OK" button, but I've also seen "restart" in other places (maybe off the Info button?) when applicable.

Not guaranteed, but I think that's what I'm seeing.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@CactusThorn Thank you for the awesome information you posted and for being a contributor to continue helping others that may be experiencing something similar. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here