U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 18th, 2022 4:19 AM

Closed

How do you cancel an accidental on demand purchase by a 5 year old?

My daughter had the remote when i was asleep and instead of watching youtube i guess she clicked on an on demand movie. I didnt notice until i woke up and saw the message on my phone.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

My daughter ... clicked on an on demand movie. ...

In addition to getting the billing corrected, consider setting up a Purchase Pin on each of your cable boxes/DVRs and in the Stream app and web portal to prevent this from happening in the future. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/parental-controls-non-x1 and/or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-parental-controls-turn-puchase-protection-on-off and/or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-tv-settings-online.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @user_627432! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear your daughter ordered an On Demand movie by mistake, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. As long as the title was never viewed, we can get it removed from your account records right away.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live session.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This happened to me to just now and can't find where to cancel

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_101db2! You've reached the perfect place to get help with any questions about your account. Once you've set up a purchase PIN to avoid accidental purchases in the future, we can remove it from the account as long as it has not been viewed.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to take a look. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hello! The same thing happened in our family yesterday. I called right away and was told it wasn't showing up in the system to cancel and that I needed to wait 12 hours. It's been over 12 hours now. I did find this thread and have set a purchase pin. I am really hoping I don't have to pay for something we didn't mean to purchase! Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi there @user_8d05bd!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfintiy Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to get this taken care pd.  No worries!  We are a team of experts always ready to ensure that you are having the best experience with your service.  Here, we fully understand that accidents occur, and we can fix them.  Please feel free to take the time to shoot us a DM with your full name and address so that we can fix this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3LWEnMd 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here