Covedge's profile

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

HBOMAX Dubbed Foreign Programming

Gomorrah finally shows up on HBOMAX on my xfinity apps and it is only available as dubbed in english. Whehn i select subtitles it is still dubbed and the subtitles are also in english.  Not only is this annoying I

the Hbomax app is a piece of junk.  Are you going to correct this?

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hello, @Covedge! On the HBO Max app, if a show or movie is available in a language other than English, you'll see a language option or button on the description page. Toggle the language to your preferred language and then select play. International HBO series and movies play with the original audio and English subtitles (no audio dubbing). 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

Comcast only provides a platform and programming interface for developers to write apps for X1. Comcast does NOT write the actual apps. If you have issues with missing features, you need to complain to the app developer, not Comcast.

As far as actual content, that again has nothing to do with Comcast.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

. International HBO series and movies play with the original audio and English subtitles (no audio dubbing). 

Gommorah is an italian - as in International -series. The original audio is in Italian. When seasons 1 & 2 were carried by Netflix several years ago the series was broadcast in Italian with english subtitles. 

What I am missing is the flag to swiitch to its native l;anguage. How do I get that?

BTW - I am not alone :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gomorrah/comments/l2hplc/hbo_only_has_english_dubbed_version/

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

lease see m y reply  to Comcast above.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Andyross - 

If xfinity is providing this app through their cable subscription they certainly do own the bugs their subscribers experience and they own the resolution of those bugs. You are telling me xfinity punts the issue to their subscribers to chase down the 3rd party developers for resolution?  You must be an employee. 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

This your reply:

International HBO series and movies play with the original audio and English subtitles (no audio dubbing). 

Gomorrah is ITALIAN, ergo accoerding to your explanation it should be broadcast in Italisn NOT tacky dubbing in english.  I am watching this through my Cable Box and NOWHERE does gomorrah allow me to turn on the natiuve language,. Thsi series should never have left Netflix for Xfinity, they knew what they were doing

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here if I steam HBO Max on a TV that doesn’t have a cable box, I can watch it in Italian .. if through the cable box only English is available in which a ton in lost .. [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Hey xfinity - you working on fixing the original Italian dialogue for Gomorrah Season 4? Netflix could do it with no problem!

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hi there, @! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I'd love to get a ticket opened for the issue with the dialogue for Gomorrah. Please send us a chat message with your first and last name. The Peer to Peer chat icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the chat icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thanks Stephanie.  I've contacted Xfinity Support about opening a ticket as per your suggestion

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Update: Appears the issue has been fixed!  Just watched Gomorrah Season 4 Episode 1 in original Italian dialogue with English subtitles

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Seasons 1-3 viewed through Comcast are only available dubbed in english which is terrible. When I stream HBO Max through the internet and do not use Comcast the episodes are availble in Italian.  Comcast needs to correct this. Perhaps they should call Netflix and ask them how to do it. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Why is this still an issue? Season 1 is only available in English overdub and it is the worst most ridiculous garbage I have ever heard. It is like they found the most bland, cartoonish, devoid of emotion voice actors on the face of the planet. Unwatchable!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here