Tcalg's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 4:36 AM

Fox Recent Episodes Are NOT Being Put On Demand

Episodes of several Fox series from the past few weeks have not been put On Demand in a timely manner.  This includes several of the Sunday night animated shows and the Wednesday night comedies.

For example, the most recent episode of The Great North posted to On Demand is from March 24th.  But three additional episodes have aired since then, and none of those have been made available.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

4 months ago

Update:

It looks like this issue has been mostly resolved.  All the missing episodes that I reported have been posted to on demand, and it looks like Next Level Chef and The Cleaning Lady are there too.

There is one episode of The Simpsons that has only been posted in SD, not HD, but that is the only remaining issue.

For the record, I e-mailed Fox directly about this.  I only received a generic "we're looking into this" response, but I'm guessing that's what got the ball rolling.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@Tcalg​ thanks for the update.  I wouldn't have checked otherwise, as I'd resorted to 'other' methods for watching the Fox shows that weren't being updated OnDemand. 

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

Hey @Tcalg glad that these are starting to show up again for you, and we appreciate the updates for the community! 😀

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

485 Messages

5 months ago

Hey there, @Tcalg. How are you attempting to access their On Demand content, through one of our cable boxes or using Xfinity Stream? 

1 Message

cable box. only offered through Hulu

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

I am using an X1 cable box.  However, I just checked, and these episodes are NOT available on the Xfinity Stream website on a PC, nor in the Xfinity Stream Android app.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for letting us know how you access these episodes. Having a look into the newest episodes of The Great North, it looks like they are only available on the Hulu and Disney+ platforms at this time. The on-demand episodes are controlled by the networks on when and how long they are available for on demand.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

The networks have negotiated agreements with Comcast to provide programming to the Xfinity On Demand platform in a timely, consistent manner.  It is very unlikely that after seven months of providing on demand programming the day after the episode airs, Fox would just suddenly decide to stop doing that, or switch to a schedule of "whenever we feel like".

What is more likely is that someone at Fox failed to do their job.  I have reported this to Xfinity Support, so that Xfinity Support can, in turn, report this to Fox so they can rectify their mistake.  Please do this.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Tcalg It has happened before and thank you again for your feedback however if there was listed content On Demand that was not working that would be an issue. The program no longer being available on your preferred platform however is not necessarily a concern as the Networks do have discretion on what platforms including On Demand access their shows are available on. Since we are just a provider we are not able to guarantee that any show will always be available On Demand.  

Problem Solver

• 

217 Messages

4 months ago

This also applies to "The Cleaning Lady" (Tuesdays).

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

You can add Next Level Chef to that list, too. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here