U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 29th, 2022 1:42 AM

Closed

Erased Programs from DVR

Xfinity keeps erasing random programs that have been on my DVR for no more than a few weeks. I've never used more than about 25% of my capacity. It seems to be especially drawn to deleting Austin City Limits episodes. Why? Will there ever be a fix--or even an authentic explanation for this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

2 years ago

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityXavier​ 

It is absolutely unclear as to where the "peer to peer" icon is located. What website? What page? Where on the page? What does the icon look like?

I've spent considerable time on xfinity.com/support/ and related pages. The "ask xfinity chat bot" provides no help.

GS

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

I appreciate you working to send us a message @user_4be096 . Sorry for the troubles experienced on the website. Let's try this:

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

2 years ago

Yes! ACL episodes have disappeared for me as well. Of course, they are not available On Demand when I happen to notice one I’ve recorded and saved has disappeared. My guess has always been that when a program gets pulled from the On Demand option (or Comcast/Xfinity no longer has the rights to it) they also run software to permanently delete it from any dvr that recorded it. I have never received confirmation from an Xfinity rep that this is true but it is the only logical conclusion I can come up with. I truly wish an employee at Xfinity could at least attempt to research if my theory is true but no such luck.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We can certainly understand wanting to keep certain recordings until you're ready to watch, or even indefinitely sometimes! 
To confirm, have you been able to check your available storage space? As recordings will auto delete when space is needed, and typically the DVR will delete the oldest recording first. However, you CAN change the recording options to save for 1 year, and it will then move onto the next to delete.

Additionally, if anything had been accidentally deleted, you can also check the Deleted section in your X1 DVR to recover it and move it back to the recordings' folder.
Learn More About Recovering a Recording deleted from your X1 DVR

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

That's what I've suspected as well.

You're right--'ve yet to get a response from Xfinity yet, despite PMing them.

Crickets!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

We definitely want to help you with resolving this concern. I know how much I rely on my DVR as well! I don't see that we have received a DM from you. Just a reminder, that when you reach out to us via DM please make sure you are typing in "Xfinity Support" in the "To" line and not the name of one of our representatives to ensure that you receive assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here