tv-junky
Expressive Exchange
Stamp of Approval
Conversation Starter

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Tue, Sep 3, 2019 5:00 AM

Can't get my on-demand................ WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This is beginning to be an on-going issue that really ticks me off. 

The error codes are different everytime I try to access it.

I have 3 boxes of the old style and am paying for 3 premium channels as well. ($225 mo. approx.)

What is going on? The plugging and unplugging doesn't change anything; further aggravating me to no end.

If this is something that is related to a certain area that would be nice to know.

PS---I am not one of the people that watches/streams online; so advising or suggesting that I do that falls on deaf ears.

BOO-HISS !!!!!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

tv-junky

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 y ago

Well, well, well............... this was surprising information.

I called Comcast.  The problem wasn't my cable box or boxes................... it was my modem.

The phone person had me unplug the power from it for a 1/2 minute and then plug it back in.  He then did whatever he does on his end and then has me try to get my on-demand on my tv.

Apparently...... on demand signalling comes from streaming.  Therefore, an online connection was the problem.  In the past when I've had issues, it was just a matter of re-booting each cable box.

Way above my scope of understanding, but at least it is now working at this time. Technology is not my forte.  Still have a flip phone haha.

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

Have you ever had a tech out? On Demand needs good communication back and forth. When the errors pop up, it’s the communication that’s impeded
tv-junky

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 y ago

No tech out yet. That would be my final and last resort. UGH

I did try the chat option to have signal resent to the boxes;  which didn't help or change anything.

I just made a call to have the signal resent. Waiting the 15 minutes it may take now to see if that helped.

TBC..............

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 y ago

Thank you for posting your solution, tv-junky! We are happy to hear that everything is working for you again. We are totally supportive of still having a flip phone. 🙂 Thanks again, take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here