U

Saturday, August 12th, 2023 5:33 PM

Closed

Can’t access Netflix on payment arrangement

I know that we can’t use PPV or order movies when on a payment arrangement. But I can’t access ANY of the apps that require internet. Even though my internet is fine. No Netflix, Hulu, or peacock. Not even YouTube. Is this normal? And if so why isn’t that disclosed? It only says we won’t have access to PPV and paid on demand. 

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

1 year ago

I haven't been able to sign onto Netflix all day today. I click on the app and it acts like it will open but it doesn't at all. I have a good Wifi connection. I had even used Netflix the other day with no issues. I also can use Netflix on my other devices. I asked about this issue on the apps tab under Xfinity Community Forum but no answers on what may be wrong. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @Laurie3101, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Netflix log in, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you. 
To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

XfinityKrista, I was able to get into Netflix yesterday afternoon. Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Excellent, I am glad to hear that you were able to get into Netflix, I would be lost without that lol. If you ever need anything else feel free to reach out to our team here. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Ironically it stopped working again this afternoon. Hopefully it will correct itself again. Thanks. I can still watch it on my two other TV's. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_34ba6e. When an account is in a soft disconnect from non-payment, the internet may be limited and downgraded. It may still work with web access, but it will not work with X1 apps that use the internet.

3 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ it wasn’t in soft disconnect. It was active. Today I’m active and still can’t access YouTube or any of the “apps” on the cable box 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us @user_34ba6e! Have you tried sending any troubleshooting signals using our amazing Xfinity app?

3 Messages

1 year ago

It’s me again. Paid the past due.  Can’t access anything. Last time I posted here it fixed and I’m hoping to have the same results. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Not able to sign into Netflix using play station 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_bdslmo, thanks for reaching out for help with loading Netflix on your PlayStation. 

Are you only having trouble with this on your PlayStation, or have you tested it on other devices to see if this works? If you are getting any errors when trying to load this app, you can also try things like uninstalling/reinstalling the Netflix app to see if this helps. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here