1 Message

Tue, Oct 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Amazon Prime app

Is Amazon prime app on Xfinity having problems I can’t launch it

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hace 7 m

Welcome to our community forums, @sweettexasangel80! I love having all my streaming apps together in one place so I can search for things with my voice remote so I'd be upset if I couldn't access everything! You've come to the perfect place to get help. Are any of your other apps being affected? Are you seeing an error message or code? Have you tried resetting your box? You can see the different ways of resetting the box here.

ThomT

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

Hace 7 m

I had a similar issue.  I normally start the Prime app by saying "Amazon" into the voice remote.  All of a sudden that stopped working.  Had to find it in the app menu and click on it.

Chat support was NO help!

The next day, it started working again.  

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Hace 3 m

Can’t use my Amazon prime app. It started when they put a new box in. I can access all other third party apps. I have spent 6 hours talking to agents repeating this and doing numerous things to get it to work finally they sent out a repair man. He walked in and I explained the problem and he said I can’t do anything about that and walked out. No one can ever it figure it out

XfinityGina

Official Employee

• 

539 Messages

Hi @loglady2!

Are you able to let us know a bit more about the issues you are seeing? Are you receiving an error message and/or code? Does the screen go black? Does it load without launching the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am also having trouble with my amazon prime. Not my Netflix account. The person I spoke with earlier kept saying it’s a problem with my amazon account. It’s paid up and I can stream on my tablet and computer.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

And it just started yesterday. Two days ago I could watch just fine.

Official Employee

• 

223 Messages

Hello @user_1bbefc, are you having the concerns when you attempt to watch Prime on your Xfinity Cable boxes?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hace 1 m

Prime video cannot run on my xfinity flex box

Official Employee

• 

195 Messages

Extremely sorry for any issues with the services. Our team would greatly like to help investigate the issue.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hace 9 d

i'm getting a message whenever i start to watch a program in the Prime Video app.  the message is "Your device is connected to the internet using a VPN or proxy service.  please disable at and try again.  For more help, go to amazon.com/pv-vpn".  that site takes me to a site that wants me to purchase a VPN for it to work.  worked 2 days ago.  spoke to a tech at Xfinity and he says I do not have a VPN or proxy service connection.  i agree.  has anyone found a fix for this?  I called Amazon support and they never heard of this problem.  i told him to google it.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_871fa5​ See this thread, nothing solved yet:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/amazon-prime-video-app/627e8676855f616353ae147b?commentId=6283bbb3382dc22d0f768a16

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here