jay_ba05252's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2022 12:46 AM

Closed

Always free movies NOT free

Why are there movies in the On Demand category “Always Free Movies” that aren’t free? You have to either BUY or RENT. I see this all the time. 

What kind of scam is this? Who organizes these lists and checks them before you publish them? It’s ridiculous. Apparently after looking through past posts here this has been happening for years. Why can’t Comcast get their act together as much as these services cost us?? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @jay_ba05252 Thank you so much for your time and patience. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. I do apologize, we do not decide what shows do have a charge and what shows do not have a charge. The Movie Studio which owns the rights to the movie will allow certain movies to air free or can update with a charge-to-rent policy at any time. Xfinity On Demand titles for purchase or rental are subject to licensing agreements.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ but you do decide what movies are to be included in the Always Free category right? If it isn’t a free movie then why is it in the Free category? 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

To confirm, are you looking under the Free to Me section on your X1 cable box? I've attempted to locate a category for "Always Free Movies", but unable to locate it. How are you accessing this list? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here