user_730bfv's profile

14 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 11:12 PM

Closed

xFinity Phone App Access not Authorized Issue

Yesterday, I had some problems with a susi.comcast.net Certificate of Authority issues by COMODO RSA popping out in my network and producing some errors. So, I deleted the app from my iPhone, and I was able to figure out the error and fix it. Today, I re-install the app and after logging in, it throws a "Non-Authorized dialog box error. It seems to be going in a loop now. Any suggestions for fixing that? Thanks!

I am a xFinity user with an account.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hey @user_730bfv!

Thanks for reviewing our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. Are you experiencing issues connecting to Xfinity WiFi Hotspots or attempting to use a specific Xfinity network service? Have you attempted to remove the security certificate then log into the Xfinity app or Hotspot app to reinstall the certificate? Could you please provide more detail about the action, process, and error being received and when? We hope to hear from you soon.

14 Messages

I was able to fix the network issue last night. However, when I re-install the phone xFinity app, the same is throwing a "Non-Authorized Message". Refer to the photo I posted above. So, I am unable to access my account using the phone app.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

What actions are you taking on the mobile device that populates that pop-up message? Are you signed in with a Primary and Manger Xfinity ID? Did you recently transfer services or is your Xfinity ID linked to an old disconnected account? If your Xfinity ID is linked with an old disconnected account, we would recommend unlinking the accounts by visiting our 'How to link, unlink, and switch between multiple Xfinity accounts' support page to unlink and have listed only on your current active account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

14 Messages

Yes, there are two accounts and they were linked. I followed the steps and the issue was that the new account was set as a default, and it should be the other way around until I can resolve the new router I am getting next week. I changed that, making the old account the default, and now I am able to get in using the app. Thanks for your help, Demitrius. Appreciated!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Don't mention it, @user_730bfv! Thank you for letting us know that did the trick. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here