U

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 5:51 PM

Xfinity Mobile "Voicemail not available"

Purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Ultra 24 from Samsung, came early, changed the sim card to the new phone from the Samsung S23 Ultra.  setup the phone, items seemed to work correctly.  All Voicemail stopped, called Xfinity spent an hour on the phone, he got it working for about a day or so, stopped working again, more tech support time on the phone for 1.5 hours, couldn't get it to work, said they are working on it and should be done in 48-72 hours, nothing at this time after 48 hours.  I need to get the voicemail, the Xfinity web account called the S24 Ultra a Moto E5, others have reported the same thing, this is an unlocked, brand new from Samsung S24 Ultra, this is real mess, I need to have the voicemail option back and working again.  Both phones were running Android 14.0, the S24 Ultra was running the new 6.1 UI though instead of 6.0, that could be the issue??

4 Messages

5 months ago

Same thing with me, my S24 Ultra can't access voice-mail at all on the xfinity network, said 48- 72 hours, Thursday Feb 08 is 72 hours & still not working.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_57ij4r Thanks for reaching out with you phone concern. Is the issue still present or did you still need assistance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have the same problem.

4 Messages

It took me 3 1.5 hour sessions & about 2 weeks before the issue was fixed by Xfinity, it was the network, they were working with Verizon to fix the network issue & it was finally fixed & now my voicemail finally works again.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_7c42b2? Have you already reached out to the Mobile Team for assistance?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

629 Messages

@user_57ij4r, thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forums page and providing helpful information for others who may be experiencing concerns with the voicemail that you previously experienced and were able to get resolved. Your feedback definitely helps others know of the light at the end of the tunnel.

4 months ago

My voicemail isn't working either on Samsung Galaxy sg 24 ultra I spent countless hours in Xfinity chat support they went and trouble shooted and still not working even went into a local Xfinity store and they did the same and still nothing I was told it was a communication error between Samsung and Xfinity I had to download and pay for a secondary voicemail from the Google app store in order to receive my voicemail hopefully this issue gets fixed 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Greetings, @spudsandtattertot! I apologize that the voicemail has not been working and so far the troubleshooting steps have not helped. We appreciate the time and efforts you have made to try and get this resolved.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

@XfinityRay​ You say to click on the "Direct message icon" at the top right on the page. What icon? I don't see it. My voicemail hasn't worked for over a month on my S52 5g and my wife's voicemail hasn't worked for even longer on her Note10.

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@user_0jgphk Depending on o the type of device you're using it can vary where that icon is located. Do you see a paper and pencil icon anywhere on your screen?

1 Message

4 months ago

What worked for my wife and I was changing the following settings:

• Settings -> Apps -> Voicemail
  • Scroll down to Battery
  • Turn on Unrestricted
    • Ours was optimized before.

After doing so we were able to get access to voicemails as soon as they came in again.

@user_5fd4vj​ 

Thanks after doing so I found out that it's already set to unrestricted so that's not the issue it's something else Thanks for trying though 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have a 24+ and my voicemail isn't working. Also, I used my phone today as a mobile hot spot for my computer and it showed up on my computer as my old S21, not my new 24+. I am wondering if this is related.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Same problem as above, voicemail not working. Have 2 phones both exactly the same and the voicemail works on one but not the other. Spoke to a young lady in the xfinity store and she stated it was the phone and not xfinity, but that can't be true. Would appreciate any feedback or support to get this fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, user_dpeuyf! Our team would be happy to help further with the voicemail. What is the model of the device that the voicemail will not work on? What troubleshooting steps have you tried such as restarting your device? 

5 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Samsung galaxy S24 Ultra. We have cleared the data and cache of the voicemail app. We have reset the network settings multiple times. Have checked for updates on voicemail and phone itself. The phone has been rebooted probably 100 times since setup. Any help is appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_dpeuyf! Have you already reached out to the Xfinity Mobile team about this?

5 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ I took both phones into our local xfinity store and the young lady played with the phone for a few minutes then said, "I don't know bro, I think it's your phone". She also recommended "searching Google" which I had already done. After reading above, it's pretty clear the problem is in xfinity's system. In my account it still shows note 20 as my phone. Thoughts? 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_dpeuyf, have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

5 Messages

2 months ago

Update for anyone with the same problem. Called the number above and spent 2 hours on the phone with a very kind representative. She had to chat with the advanced team pretty often and they ended up just removing the phone from the system and putting it in manually. After a couple hours, everything works perfectly. It's terrible xfinity's system hasn't been updated yet to just fix this automatically, but it is what it is I guess. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Happy to hear this was resolved for you, user_dpeuyf. We appreciate you posting back and updating the Forums page to help others! 

2 Messages

15 days ago

I'm dealing with this same issue! Any resolution? It's causing an issue with work...!!! TY! 

27 Messages

Having the same issue with 2 S24 Ultras we purchased direct from Samsung when they first came out. We're using the sim cards from our previous Note 10+ phones since Xfinity says our phones are not compatible. Calls work fine, but we've never been able to get voicemail working. 

Official Employee

• 

581 Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, user_oxvq8w! Are you using the Visual Voicemail App?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

10 hours ago

When is the voicemail web interface going to be fixed?

https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/voicemailsettings

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here