J

Sunday, January 14th, 2024 7:59 PM

Very weak mobile signal

I have been very dissatisfied with Xfinity Mobile's weak LTE/5G signal. Usually I only get one or two bars so I can't browse, steam, or download when not logged on to a WiFi signal. And not all hotspots that show on a the Xfinity map are actually active.

Unfortunately, there is not any real solution for this and Xfinity won't tell you why. But the reason is simply that Xfinity uses Verizon's network and Verizon gives priority to their own subscribers over those subscribing through others carriers.

I had switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile for the savings which was more than half of what I was paying Verizon -- as well as the added value that the taxes are less (since Xfinity does not own the network). But as soon as my device is paid off, I'm porting my number back to Verizon will grudgingly pay their higher rate. Saving money is of no value if you can use the service only part of the time.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Greetings, @jima9426! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your mobile service. This is definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make this right for you.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

23 days ago

Years ago I learned I could not use Verizon satisfactorily where I am located.    For the last several(?) months I have been having the same call dropping signal strength issues I had  years ago with Verizon.  I don't pay Xfinitiy to put up with weak signal issues.  I can't even get through to a human who speaks clear and proficient English and is knowledgable to help me with a solution!  I have literally spent hours trying in the last few months.  I hate change so I fight it tooth and nail but it looks like I am going to have to change carriers.  I need reliable service where I want it and when I want it.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @MGillette3, thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We truly value and appreciate you choosing Xfinity as your service provider and certainly do not want to lose you. I definitely know the importance of having good signal strength, so I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing a weak signal. My team would be more than happy to provide you with further support. 

Please also note that sending unsolicited direct messages is a violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast-verified employee responds and asks for a direct message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads-up for future reference, but I look forward to further assisting you via the direct message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here