U

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024 5:17 PM

Text messages freezes

I've come to see that I have a group chat my texts seem to freeze for periods of time. I've experience a freeze of 20 minutes to up to an hour. I don't understand what is going on. Help.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 month ago

User_Chaos111 Hi there! Our team will be happy to assist you. Can you tell us more about what happens when you say your group texts are "freezing"? 

2 Messages

Sure. The texts seem to get stuck in some sort of queue to download into my messages. I've swapped the app to receive texts but it seems it still gets frozen for periods of time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

User_Chaos111

Thank you for circling back to let us know. I'm sure seeing this large gap in the updates has been both confusing and frustrating. I can see how you would feel out of the loop getting the messages 20 minutes to an hour later. That is never the performance we expect from our network, and I can surely do my best to help.

You stated you switched apps that you use to message. However, you see the delays there as well. That is certainly unusual. Does this happen when connected over wifi, on the mobile network, or both? Does this affect all group chats on any apps you use, like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or WhatsApp, for example, or only certain apps?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here