U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 4:08 AM

Still billed by xfinity mobile after I've cancelled my services.

I was billed $69.57 and $28.83 by xfinity mobile, once back in june and now in july. This was after I told them I wasn't going to sign up for their mobile service. Trying to reach customer service has been an absolute migraine, seeing they can't even put me in touch withwit anyone remotely competent. I hate using their stupid chat because it never works right and I somehow keep getting disconnected. My internet literally started acting funny as soon as I got irritated with the rep who couldn't help me, so go figure.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I don't have much advice to give except to say I'm going through this exact same issue. Cancelled my Xfinity Mobile account in May, was billed and charged at the end of June, called again on July 1st to receive a refund but instead received an account credit and was told that I no longer have an account. Received another bill today.

Funny thing is my account is deactivated but the billing is still active and the support reps do not know how to handle it. So far I've marked the charge as a dispute with my credit card company and I am keeping a log of my chats with support and everything that has happened. Going to call again and if the issue is not either fixed or escalated to someone who can actually fix the issue, I'll be sending a complaint to the FCC.

2 Messages

Let me know if anything happens. I've been thinking just stopping into a branch to see if they would even be of use but I'm doubtful at this point.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_u454h8 Hello and thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with your Xfinity Mobile account. Your frustration is completely understandable, and I'm here to assist you in resolving this issue promptly. To better assist you, could you please send our team a Direct Message with the following details:
  • Your full name
  • The name listed on the account (if different)
  • The service address associated with your account
  • Any additional account information or reference numbers related to the charges

Once I have this information, we can move forward with looking into the matter and work towards a solution for you.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityChristy​ 

This happened to me back in February!!  I canceled my wifi and mobile service in February 2024.  Xfinity Mobile charged me in March and I was told it was my final bill.  I accepted and didn't dispute it.  Then in [Edit: Netiquette], I got charged again and the amount charged was [Edit: Netiquette] than my usual mobile bill.  I tried to go into the mobile store.  I was informed on their end it's noted that my service was canceled and they couldn't explain why I was being charged again.   I called the mobile customer service number and was on hold for over an hour. Finally spoke with someone and she told me the same thing they told me in [Edit: Netiquette].  This April bill was my last bill.  I asked how can I be charged for a service that I didn't have.  I already paid for my "final bill" without dispute or complaint for March, despite my cell phone service being canceled in February.  The number was disconnected and it was not working.  She said well you have to pay the final bill which is what this charge is for.  I continued to ask for clarity and to even speak to someone else because It was not making sense.  I then asked her to remove my card on file and I no longer approved automatic payments.  She said I needed to log into my mobile account to remove that.  [Edit: Netiquette] I reiterated to her that I no longer had an account, I couldn't log in, and the app said, no account.  So [Edit: Netiquette] are they charging me? I took matters into my own hands and spoke with my bank, they informed me that she saw this happen a lot with mobile services so they gave me a new check card and then reversed the charge.  They also noted that my bill increased when they automatically took the charges.  [Edit: Netiquette]...July 29th after also getting notifications via email that my "Xfinity mobile" bill is ready to be paid for May, June, and July...I got a phone call from a collections agency saying they are trying to collect a payment on behalf of Xfinity Mobile for past-due payments.  What the [Edit: Language/Netiquette]?  Xfinity I don't have a mobile number or service with you anymore.  I have [Edit: Netiquette] had service with you since February 23rd to be exact!!  What is going on??  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello user_xyx75d, Thank you for you including all of that context in your reply to let us know what you're experiencing. I'd love to work with you on this to get to the bottom of your Mobile charges, and figure out a resolution. As a friendly reminder, please review our Forum Guidelines to avoid any future violations. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@XfinityChristy​ this has happened to me as well except I got billed again after receiving a confirmation email that the account had been canceled.  I tried calling coustomer support but they cannot find the account. I was told no less than three times that the account would be canceled and it was only after the third time that I received a confirmation email (a month ago)  then was billed again today. I have probably spent  10 to15 hours trying to get this canceled. 

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

Ok, I have an update. @user_u454h8 and @user_xyx75d, I hope you both find this helpful.

As @XfinityChristy instructed, I sent direct message to the Xfinity support team. I provided the details they recommended (my full name, the name listed on the account (if different), the service address associated with my account, and any additional account information or reference numbers related to the charges). I also made sure to include specific details about what happened and what I wanted the resolution to be. About ten minutes later a support rep messaged me back, asked a clarifying question, and attempted to authenticate and pull up my account. Due to my irregular schedule, it was hard for me to respond in a timely manner where the authentication code didn't expire. Everytime I signed back on, I had a different support rep messaging me but fortunately they had the context needed to understand where we were at in the process.

After a few missed connections, one of the support reps realized that my issue was out of their scope and escalated my issue to Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions by opening a ticket. I requested the ticket number because I don't trust anyone and try to record as I can.  About 40 minutes later the support rep messaged me back with the ticket number and said that I would be receiving a call the next day.

The next day I received a call from the Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions agent. Because I was unable to take the call, they followed up by sending me an email with their office hours and phone number + extension. The email also included the ticket number in the subject line. After a few days, the agent and I were able to connect. At this point, they had done research on my account and was able to explain what had happened, verified my account was closed, and what I should expect from here.

They said that in May, I had attempted to deactivate my account. The customer service rep (that I talked to on the phone) created a request to deactivate it but for some reason the request was automatically cancelled (this could have been due to a server being updated or something). This is why I had gotten charged at the end of June and I received a new bill in July.  When I called in July about this issue, the customer service rep was finally able to deactivate my account. According to the agent, I was supposed to receive an email confirming the deactivation of my account but when I check my email, I don't see any correspondence about it.  This is why I continued to believe my account was active.

They were able to confirm that all of this was true and verified that my account really is closed. They also said that I received credits from the rep I spoke to in July, so there is a credit on my account and I should expect to hear from Xfinity in the next 60 days on how I will receive that credit.

I don't know what the chances are of the Xfinity IT team resolving the deeper issues are but I was able to distill it into two problems:

• Writes to their database somehow get lost and it seems to be a common issue. There needs to be some sort of strategy to detect these issues or implement a strategy that would recover lost writes. If anything, the support teams need to know this is a common problem and have documented steps to resolve the issue. This issue impacts real people who may not be able to afford to be charged endless bills because of Xfinity's own IT mistakes.
  • Email correspondence is not reliable. There seems to be something wrong with the notification system for account changes or deactivations.  There needs to be some continuous testing involved to verify this system works. I received emails for many other things (bills, charges, follow-up from solutions agent) but not my account deactivation. Communication is important for users to understand what is going on with their account!

Ok, now for the people having issues. I'd recommend doing the following to get your problem looked at and hopefully resolved

1. Send a direct message the support team (refer to instructions from XfinityChristy). Stop calling the Xfinity support phone number. They are useless.
  2. Make sure to include details of the issue to help them fully understand what is going on and what you hope to achieve (I told them what happened, when I was charged, how much I was charged and that I wanted a refund, my account to be deactivated, and to not be billed)
  3. If the issue can’t be resolved through direct messaging, the support agent should open a ticket where a Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions representative will dig deeper into your issue. Make sure you get the ticket number for your records
  4. From here you will be able to talk to a real person who has the power and authority to dig into your issue, explain what happened, and provide a resolution

TLDR; My issue was escalated to a Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions agent after I sent a direct message to support. They investigated and found that my initial deactivation request was automatically cancelled by Xfinity's system. The reason is unknown but could be due to a server update that made things go awry. When I called support the second time, the rep was able to deactivate my account but I did not know that it really happened because I never received an email notification. I have a credit on my account and Xfinity will reach out in the next 60 days to ask how I want to receive the credit.

(edited)

1 Message

17 days ago

I have had 3 calls on this, plus chat.  HOURS of my time and still getting billed.  If Xfinity doesn't fix this I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_gzvzpd This is definitely not the experience we want for our valued customers. We'd love to make sure your concern is resolved. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name, address and a detailed explanation of what's happening.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here