erm54's profile

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 2:49 AM

Specific Xfinity Hotspots (Costco) not working

Not sure anyone can help with this but thought I would ask.

I have both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile.

Hotspots seem to work fine in almost all locations, connecting automatically when I'm nearby - with 1 exception.

I was looking at the Hotspots map and noticed that the local Costco showed up (actually listed at a Hotspot location). But when I've been there, I noticed my phone never connected to the XFINITY or xfinitywifi hotspot name - ever. Even when I try to select the hotspot name, it just acts like it is trying to connect for about 20 seconds, then goes on to scan for more Wi-Fi hotspot names. 

I did ask someone working there about it, but it was obvious they had no idea what I was talking about. They just said that was something ONLY for their use. I tried to explain to them that was not correct and Xfinity hotspots were for use by all Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile customers. They then said, well you need to be one of those customers ... I had already told them I was. Anyway, I gave up because there was no one there knew anything about what I was talking about. 

But, if Xfinity is providing the Internet service at a Costco location AND list that location as having active XFINITY and xfinitywifi hotspots, should we not be able to automatically connect to them just like any other hotspot location? 

If this should work exactly like all hotspot locations, why doesn't it?

If that is NOT the case, then that location (and any similar other locations) should not be listed on the Xfinity Hotspots map (they have been listed for at least 3-4 months now). 

I'm just curious what is really happening here. As others may know, when you're inside a Costco warehouse access to the Internet is not always very good. Many times, I cannot even send a text-only text message. So anything that might improve this would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

Thanks for reaching out erm54! For that you'd have to reach out to the NOW WiFi Pass team at 855-216-8902. as it's a Hotspot issue. 

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 months ago

@XfinityAntoine , thanks for that information! I was looking around and couldn't find anything about such issues or who to talk to. I'll try contacting them tomorrow.

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 months ago

@XfinityAntoine , I called that number, and they are a 3rd party company that you pay to get access to Xfinity Hotspots. They have nothing to do with the Xfinity gateways or the control of the Xfinity hotspots themselves.

And since I'm a paying Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile customer, I already get access to the hotspots for free. So, they were of no help at all.

I also called Xfinity support and spoke to someone there and they were not able to help. They suggested I call Xfinity Mobile and speak to them.

I tried contacting someone via chat and they suggested I do a network settings reset on my phone ... that would be of no help since I'm not at that location to test anything if/when I did such a reset AND it would be a complete waste of time and effort since the ONLY issue I have is connecting to just ONE hotspot location. 

I'm just assuming now that no one has any clue who should be contacted specifically about this issue and I am going to drop it.

It's most likely a Xfinity Internet issue since the hotspots are controlled thru the Xfinity gateways and the gateways control access to Xfinity Internet services. And if I'm having an issue with just 1 hotspot, I am assuming that just that 1 gateway has an issue. BUT I am not going to spend several more hours (or days) trying to find anyone that might be able to actually verify if that hotspot if working or not. I will just assume it does not...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching back out. I'm so sorry that the NOW WiFi Pass team wasn't able to help. In the past they've been the place to go for Hotspot issues, so I'm surprised they we'rent helpful. I personally HATE being bounced around like that, so I'm sorry this happened to you. All we can do is make sure you meet the qualifications to use the Hotspots and that's just you having higher than basic internet at home. You're correct, it would just been that gateway that's having the issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here