U

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 4:13 PM

smart speaker connection drops off

Connection drops off intermittently throughout the dya and intermittently during the year.  When it starts, it's several times a day and "live" listening (as on NPR) makes it so I get the "ads" repeatedly throughout the day.  This does not seems to happen with pod casts.  Also - I NEVER have full bars at home.  What's with that?  I live in a populous area (not out in the woods) three miles from I-95, less than a mile from I-395, near a military base.  I will probably have to go with a different ISP if this continues.  Wifi is fine (according to my phone and computer).  It seems to always happen when I'm really interested in the "broadcast." ... or maybe I should just go back to the lo-tech method of listening, RADIO!

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

3 months ago

Hello there, @user_iw8qoj!  Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! We would be happy to dig in to your connection issue and see if we can get it resolved. The first thing to do on your end is make sure that the coaxial cable is connected securely to the modem and any splitters and the wall socket, and see if there are any breaks or bends in that coaxial cable. Then please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

4 Messages

I do not see a "chat icon" if you are talking about this "page"... or do you mean on the actual Xfinity home page??

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

@user_iw8qoj, it would be on this page. When you are logged in, you should see an icon that looks like a chat window in the upper right-hand corner of the page.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here