J

6 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 11:51 AM

Should you get Xfinity Mobile?

Hi, my name is Jonathan & I have been a current Xfinity Mobile customer for a year.
my one year mark, hurray! As some would say…
im making this post for those who are curious to, “should I make the switch..” “is it worth the saving..” etc,.
I have been with T-Mobile, Verizon & Xfinity and will explain Pro’s & Con’s of my personal experience.

if you have any questions please feel free to comment as I will try my best to respond and help. 

Overall: 5/10
Connectivity: 6/10
5G Speed compatibility: 6/10
Support: 2/10

initial thoughts: internet + mobile under same bill. WRONG

save money? Negligible amount.

support good? Absolutely not

autopay date? No not available 

easy to access bill & information? Yes

Pros: Internet & Mobile are through same provider.. however, they are separate departments which means separate support.
The cell towers are the same as Verizon.
5G is relatively fast.
A good alternative (not the best) to save money.

good security 

Cons:

There is no Spam/Call filter 

(I once had 15 calls overnight & had to turn on airplane mode to stop)
Absolutely the worst support in all of experience on the internet. 
They are very nice, but I average, 3H every time I go on support for any solution.
Mobile had its own website/app that no longer exists.
There is no such thing as autopay date change. (You have to contact support upto 24H before you’re billed to not get charged for the initial pay date.)

I change my card after every payment so I don’t have to worry about getting charged.

Overall.
i do not recommend Xfinity mobile.
If you are someone who wants to save money, and don’t really care about the provider, I recommend another provider or sticking with the one you have now. I fell for the promotion for a new phone and have to wait another year before I can move away.

i hope my experience can help you or someone with making the decision of switching to Xfinity mobile as a carrier.

6 Messages

6 months ago

This was BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, you should change the title to "Should (((YOU))) get Xfinity Mobile? Or better yet, perhaps I'll post my own pro's/CONS too. Buyer beware is REAL. 

6 Messages

@PlatinumGary​ Thank you! Good idea, I changed the title.

i figured if a year experience with a new cellular service is worth any information, why not share it to someone whose intrigued with the service.

Go ahead! I think more people should make pro/con about their experience! Really opens conversations & awareness towards brands.

1 Message

This mobile service [Edited: "Language"]
so bad. I fell for the okey dokey too. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

448 Messages

@user_q9etei​ Perhaps you could elaborate on why the service is so bad? I've been with them 7 years and its been great. However, I know that can depend on where you live and coverage.

6 Messages

My service is bad because of my area. 

1 Message

My service is bad and I was lied too about my bill and phone cost. I'm now paying more for <Edited: Profanity> service than I was paying with cricket. I can't leave without going to collections for the phone that was suppose to be 200 there saying I'd owe 500 on it if I left. Worst company to do business with ever. I hate xfinity with a burning passion.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

4 months ago

Everyone has a unique experience, and most of the people who take time to post something here do so because they are disappointed about some aspect of their history with Xfinity Mobile. I have actually been quite pleased with my service and thought I might balance the discussion with a few alternative thoughts. I am in no way discounting your experience.

I also came from Verizon and, prior to that, AT&T.  I switched to XM 5 or 6 years ago, possibly more, lured by the promise of less expensive service on the Verizon network. I have never noticed any major disruption of connectivity or LTE/5G compatibility. Mabe I just don't know what I'm missing.

Your billing concerns are not that significant to me -- it would be nice to have mobile service show up on the same bill as my Internet and cable, especially given the requirement to maintain the other service, but it is not a deal-breaker. I don't really care what day of the month my bill is due and have never felt a need to change it. My circumstances differ from yours.

Service would be simpler if one service department dealt with everything. The most notable example is this very board. Here on the dedicated Mobile forum, most inquiries are met with a response from Xfinity employees who suggest reaching out to the Mobile team -- this board should be monitored by that team.

I'm more puzzled about your comments suggesting your savings are minimal. A year or so ago I upgraded our plan from the grandfathered $12/GB plan to the newer $15/GB plan to access 5G networks. I usually stay within the 1 GB plan, but occasionally switch to the $30 3GB plan for a month when I'm traveling on vacation. This represents my monthly bill, plus normal fees, for a shared data plan with my wife. I've never felt a need for an unlimited data plan. Again, my needs may differ from yours, but potential XM customers should think in terms of their own data needs.

Regarding call screening, I get that on my phone and plan. You didn't mention what device you use. We use Samsung Galaxy S22 currently, so maybe that makes a difference. I have DND set for overnight only allowing my favorite contact to call or text. Do you have such an option?

Consider all options and make the choice that works for you. Also, than you for posting your thread as a calm and rational evaluation of your expectations and experience rather than as some of the ranting that shows up here and everywhere on the Internet.

Dan

Problem Solver

• 

448 Messages

My experience pretty much aligns with that of @requa. My partner and I switched from TMO and signed up end of 2017. We both got the new iPhone X's and transferred our numbers. Everything went smooth, no issues. The only thing we had problems with occasionally in the beginning was with WiFi calling. But those issues were ironed out. Still a happy customer. And saving lots of $$! I was also puzzled about the OP comment regarding that. But again, everyones needs are different. We were on and still today the shared 1 GB plan. We both use WiFi at home and work, so don't use much data. Have only gone over a few times. From what we were paying at TMO for 2 lines unlimited data vs Xfinity Mobile 2 lines/shared data, we save $890 a year! My rating is;

Overall: 8/10
Connectivity: 9/10
5G Speed compatibility: 8/10
Support: 7/10

(edited)

1 Message

HAHAHAHA 7/10 on Support?? 2 hours later to accomplish a single task. 

1 Message

3 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"],I used metro pcs,and boost mobile,cricket years ago but the metro and boost works pretty good no matter where I go,but Xfinity don’t work  I’m thinking changing company the only bad thing is that I have to pay my phone,[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_rgjixs - We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to help in every way we can. It's important to us that you have a great connection on your device! What phone are you using and are you having issues inside your home, or another location? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

Do NOT get xfinity mobile. I was lied to by their support in what mustve been a way for them to meet a quota or something. Was promised that my overall bill would be lowered and i would get all these discounts. Turns out no discounts and bill was not lowered. Signed me up for about $56/month in a phone plan. Also customer services is horrendous. I've been trying to cancel the service for 2 months now. I get told that it all canceled and i will not recieve another bill. Only for 2 weeks later, another bill shows up.

Just AVOID at all costs. It is nothing but a headache.

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

Hello, @Henn34 thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. This isn't the experience we want you to have when trying to cancel your Xfinity Mobile, I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty trying to get this accomplished. 

Our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited, we are unable to help with account specifics like changes/disconnection of accounts. We do partner with our great Xfinity Mobile executive experts, who have always been helpful with similar situations in the past. I can open a ticket for one of our wonderful partners to help get this resolved. 

Since I will need to gather some information to create the ticket that we don't want in our public conversation, when you have time please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@Henn34​ same here. I am so mad about the lies they told. I was paying $120 for 5 lines and now paying $220 for 5 lines. Promised to provide $100 credit per line over 10 months and that's not even noted on my account. Tried to call them to find out why the bill was so high and the CS rep was very rude and just kept repeating the same BS line. I finally hung up. I have called back to cancel services.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns, @user_q6jlgn. Thank you for reaching out. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are somewhat limited. For some Xfinity Mobile related questions, we ask that you contact Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968 or reaching out to our Secure Online Chat. If you have already reached out to Xfinity Mobile regarding your concerns, and they are still unresolved, our team can help facilitate communication with the appropriate team. It sounds like you've called, but have you recently attempted to contact them via text or chat?

1 Message

2 months ago

Agree. I am VERY disappointed in this service. We went abroad and paid for the global pass (10 dollars a day per phone) however our phones did NOT work the whole time we were away and were unable to make or receive calls. We contacted xfinity multiple times while we were away and spent HOURS of our vacation trying to figure this out without any success. We were told that someone would contact us via phone, email, etc. to fix it, BUT WERE NEVER FOLLOWED UP WITH. We called xfinity when we got home to sort this out because we don't want to pay for a service we did NOT receive. I was told we would still be charged and that a supervisor would call me back, but in true xfinity fashion... they NEVER called me back. 

Save yourself your sanity and do NOT use this service. 

2 Messages

I also just got back from a trip abroad to Nepal. I also payed for global pass and my phone was a brick unless I was connected to wifi. But on top of that, I returned home to find that I was charged over $1000 for roaming charges!  

I contacted customer support thinking they would obviously correct the problem as it was a mistake.  The woman I talked with assured me she would fix the problem but she needed manager approval.  After waiting on hold 20 more minutes she comes back on the line and says there is nothing she can do. I am liable for the entire amount. I explained again that my phone did not work in Nepal outside of wifi. She told me I was wrong.  I am in the process of transferring my cable, internet,  and mobile to a different company.  Please do not alow Xfinity to scam you as they have me.

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hi there, @user_0nbyjw I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing trying to get your billing issues resolved. Since it's been a few days since you last posted this, have you been contacted?-Richard

Official Employee

• 

617 Messages

user_o48foi, I appreciate you using the Xfinity Community Forums page. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to see charges in that amount. The last thing we want is to lose you as a valued customer over this experience. How recently was your contact with a representative regarding these charges?

@user_0nbyjw​  I also experienced an issue with Global Pass while traveling abroad.  Several days before my trip i tried to add global pass and i kept receiving an error online "Please try again later". I tried over the course of several days, made multiple calls to customer support.  It was all a waste of time.  During my trip i did not use my phone except when on wifi, yet i was still billed for roaming charges.  I wasted hours on the phone and chats with Customer Support, [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  Very disappointed with Xfinity.   

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

This is an [Edited: Inflammatory]. I was on the phone with this company from 6-8 when the advanced team hung up on and no one would answer me again. [Edited: Inflammatory]. I will recommend no one ever get involved with this company. I've been fighting this for 5 months with their customers service only screwing things up more and charging me more. 

(edited)

6 Messages

@user_90y9kk​ 

I don’t hate Xfinity.

i personally like them a lot.

however, they do have a whole stack of issues that would make the company strides better if they simply just asked customers.

Youre paying for 2 devices, when only have 1?

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] Good luck!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_90y9kk Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can investigate this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

2 months ago

I am completely dissatisfied and highly upset with Xfinity. The phone agreement I discussed and was offered was totally disclosed and all questions asked and answered to accept the phone. Once I received the phone in Jan 2024, I activated it but never used it. The bill came in almost $18 higher and was automatically charged to my credit card. I called three times to cancel the service and asked for a return label for the phone. Neither happened. I was again charged and again I called and this thievery continued. I called and asked for a supervisor and was told that he would listen to the original call offer and that all charges would be credited back to my card. I asked for my card to be removed from their autopay system and was told that it was done. Well needless to say, that never happened. What did happen was another charge to my card, lies about the return label and the ability to return the phone to any Xfinity store. 5 different calls, 2 different supervisors, one call to a supervisor disconnected with no call back at all. Promises to look into the original offer and contact me within 3 days, all over the span of  4 months. LIES and DECIETFUL practices!!!

1 Message

2 months ago

To add my completely unsolicited opinion to this post - FACT. While the actual service is decent to good since it's using the Verizon network, the customer service is non-existent. Non-existent to the point that I have not been able to UPGRADE my data for two days, their only means of contacting support through chat is inoperable, and I am now switching back to Verizon despite not being done with my contract and will be paying the early termination fees. It's worth it to be done with their digustingly sad Mobile service.

Problem Solver

• 

448 Messages

@user_1s76cp​ That's unfortunate that you were unable to reach a live person. You can upgrade your data plan yourself through the Xfinity app or on the Xfinity Mobile web portal. No need to speak to a rep for that.

Official Employee

• 

934 Messages

@user_1s76cp Hello and thank you for sharing the trouble that you have had with upgrading the data plan. Thank you as well for being a Xfinity customer!

I'm so sorry that you have not been able to reach someone to assist with this request by phone. We do have wonderful experts available by phone, text, and chat. As well as right here on our Xfinity Forums! Our access may not be as complete as our awesome mobile experts, but we can make sure that we help and get you in contact with the right team to assist with your upgrade needs. 

@DreamSayerZ  Thank you for sharing this wonderful tip!

You can manage those options in your Xfinity mobile account as well. This site offers the specific steps needed to upgrade to unlimited data or to our by the Gig option. 

I would love to help out if you still need assistance with changing your data options!

1 Message

It is almost impossible to talk to a live person. Took me on automated over ten minutes of asking for a live person

1 Message

I too have problems with their customer service. Even if you reach a live person they don't speak English. I had a problem with SOS on  a phone and after calling 4 times and going through chat 2 more times--the tech people (or lack of tech people) had me remove the SIM card so they could make it E-Sim that locked the phone where now I have to take it to a store to hopefully have it unlocked. To say poor customer service is a total understatement!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_5uz2sg, I apologize that there was a problem with the E-Sim process. We always want things to be quick and easy for you and I understand it is frustrating having no service and having to visit the local Xfinity store to get that fixed. When will you be visiting the store or have you already? We want to make sure your service is fixed. 

1 Message

1 month ago

My personal experience with Xfinity has recently become a nightmare.

A couple of weeks ago my wife chatted and  stayed on the phone for about 1 hour trying to renew the contract (TV) without success.

We decided to go to the store, where an employee was "helping" us.

During that time we decided to switch our phone to Xfinity carrier, asking many questions during the process.

The employee (with the manager's support) continuously repeated to us that we will pay only $20 for each phone for 10 months since there was a promotion.

I asked several times if that was it, the final price and he said "yes".

That was on Friday.

During the weekend we found out that the employee did not include HBO in our TV contract, as we asked explicitly (we had HBO in our previous contract).

We returned to the store and that employee was not working that day, nor the manager.

We asked another employee for support, showing the chat my wife had with Xfinity customer support online.

That employee was not able to help us and when we asked to talk to the manager, the answer was that the manager was not there that day, he might be the following day.

When I asked the employee to also check our phone status, we found out there were many other fees that were not notified during the process.

We requested to escalate the issue to somebody, but the answer was to call online customer support. That's what I did as soon as I arrived home.

During the phone call, I asked to talk to a supervisor to fix our issues.

The supervisor this time was Mohammed from Alexandria (Egypt), I explained him our bad experience, I asked:

- to fulfill what the previous lady at the customer service (chat) said we should pay for internet (800 Mb) and TV (included HBO)

- why the employee did not mention that there were $25 activation fees for each line when we asked if there were no other fees.

- why the employee did not mention that the special offer was not available the first month, but we have to pay entirely

- why the supervisor was there and did not fix his employee mistakes

Mohammed was kindly answering that he would fix all of it (TV with HBO included, internet 800 Mb and  those fees that were not mentioned by the employee)... after 2 weeks we are still waiting for Mohammed to fulfil his promise.

By the way, Xfinity says that it uses Verizon towers, but when we had Verizon we had less problems with phone calls / service and the internet.

1 Message

1 month ago

Xfinity charged my bank account $400 and I can't get a human on the phone to tell me why. Outrageous! Xfinity is to be avoided. They don't have a customer service. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey user_5l5rd6, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. I can certainly check to see what is going on with the charge. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

14 days ago

Not only what is said above but the salesmen lie about the price and set up fee! The company rep said NO setup fee and 25$  LIE they charge $25. A month of UNLIMITED DATA .....LIE only 1 GB of data for the $20 a month and they do not give you a $10 introductory price for 6 months as stated ...LIE. 

Everything about Xfinity is a LIE!

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hi there!, @user_5jvzt8  Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Xfinity Mobile account. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

1 Message

13 days ago

Worst decision I have ever made customer service is atrocious (when you can unstand them) They insist on auto pay and then debit my account fraudently (I have had to cancel my debit card twice now) the cell service I will give a solid C. I have spen hours and hours on phone with customer service attempting to correct their billing mistakes.

I went with them because of the "free phones" now they aree billing me for one of them

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_vk83fs. Thank you for taking the time to reach our team on Forums. That's certainly never the experience we want you to have. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

1 Message

11 days ago

Xfinity mobile is the worst service I have ever had. Dropped calls, can't make phone calls, people can't hear me but I can hear them, if I don't have wifi calling on in my home I only have 1 bar. I have been in the store when they check my service and I only get 2 bars....shall I go on?  I have had the mobile service for about 8 months, been thru at least 4 SIM cards, have to reset my mobile network at least once per day but usually more. I call, spend a lot of time on hold trying to get tech support, seems to be a game they play to see how long you will wait for them to 'check something' before you hang up. I went to the store to get a transfer/port out pin and was told it would only be good for FOUR HOURS! Seriously, that is a lie! Called to try and get a pin after reading online that the pin is good for 5 DAYS! Guess what, transfer from dept to dept then disconnected. Tried to get one sent via messages on my phone, said they sent one, never received it. What a surprise. I will be going to the store tomorrow to get a pin and will NEVER switch back to their terrible mobile service! What a waste of time and money....don't do it!

EDIT: Switched to AT&T prepaid and now I have 5G service, no dropped calls and at least 3 bars ALL THE TIME!  Never going back to Xfininty Mobile!

(edited)

1 Message

4 days ago

[Edit: Netiquette] Xfinity mobile is completely [Edit: Inflammatory]. They make promises they won't keep for equipment, payments, etc. And then send you to a dozen different departments to get satisfaction, of which you'll get none. Don't get [Edit: Inflammatory] by the claim of lowered prices and better service. [Edit: Inflammatory] all day if you let them. [Edit: Soliciting]. [Edit: Inflammatory] 1 out of 10, maybe 0.

(edited)

1 Message

2 days ago

As a new customer and reading all of this, it will be interesting to see how my story unfolds. I had been a Verizon customer for over 14 years. For the past few years I had been on their "Small 2gig" plan which is $35 / month (add on the taxes & fees, my bill was around $60) Once in awhile I would run out of data and they had an option to purchase a "boost" of 1 gig for $15. Now they only offer unlimited plans which start at $75 / month, so I would estimate my bill would be over $100 / month. So its not worth it for me to switch. Last month I was camping a lot and ran out of data. I purchased the "boost" but  my internet speed was still throttled. At the time I wasn't sure if it was a signal problem since the area was remote. Anyway after calling them several times they always tried to push me to the unlimited plan which I did not want. Even though my account showed I had data left because of the boost, nobody could "unlock" the throttle, I had to wait out my month cycle. (I paid $15 for nothing)

I have an unlocked phone already purchased so I went shopping around. I already have Comcast internet which has been reliable. Comcast is also one of few choices where you can purchase just a modem. I already have an existing router & network in my house. Neither Verizon or T-Mobile allow you disable the built in router (bridge mode) so their devices are useless to me.

Went to Xfinity store. I was told 1 line unlimited would be $40 / month and with tax, bill would be around $43 / month. I was told up front about the $25 activation fee which ok I am cool with it and was told up front. So I will see if that pans out to be true.

Two days ago (not even a week with Xfinity) I can't make calls. I get this "The number you are calling has restrictions ...." I saw other posts about this issue. I had to spend several hours trying to get someone who could fix this issue. The assistant is worthless, gives me the run around. Twice it put me to a live chat with someone, but neither time the problem was fixed. I found the phone number to support on this site and tried that. At least I got someone live, but with a heavy accent. Still took about an hour & half and they did something on their end with the network settings and the problem was fixed. Tested this morning and it is still working fine.

Hopefully this will be a one time incident with making calls. So far the service is as good as Verizon as far as coverage and the internet speed is good. If there aren't too many issues and what they told me about the cost is true, I will be happy with the service.

The difference is I purchased an unlocked phone ahead of time. I took advantage of Best Buy's black friday deals last year and bought a Samsung Galaxy A54 for $260. One thing I insist on is having an SD card slot and this was one of few that still have it. It is a lower end phone but for what I do with it, it works perfectly fine for me. This also gives me the option that if Xfinity mobile turns out to be terrible, I can just move this phone to another provider.

Mike

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here