12xuser's profile

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 8:00 PM

Shorturl link won't send via SMS

I am trying to text a link of the form: 

https://shorturl.at/xxxxxx

and it doesn't go anywhere.  The text looks like it is sent, but it is not received. 

Tried on multiple phones.

What can I do to get this to work?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi @12xuser Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the SMS failure for shorturl. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.
Is the text you are trying to send going to one particular person/place or does it not matter and just fails?

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

Doesn't matter. Fails to send without any error message or notification.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for this clarification. Now are you able to send out normal text messages without any links? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

Yes, I can send texts, even texts with non-shortened links.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Are you copying and pasting a link into the text box and trying to send? Are you trying to send these texts to a Shorter 6-digit number (example: sometimes radio stations say text xxxxxx to enter a contest or something)?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

Copy paste text of the form: https://shorturl.at/xxxxxxx Full 10-digit phone number.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here