U

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 3:28 PM

Samsung Galaxy S23+ constantly needs to be reset

I had an S22+ that kept losing network connection and I upgraded to a new phone, thinking it was damaged. I was wrong. Since I received my Galaxy S23+, I have continued to lose network connection, messages won't download, and now my phone loses complete connection to mobile services so I cannot call out, send or receive texts, or receive calls until I reset my phone a couple of times. Sometimes I don't even realize this happens until the next day and I've missed so many messages and calls. I thought this was a phone issue, but this issues continued after upgrading so I'm questioning Xfinity's compatibility with Android phones. I have 2 Iphones on my account that have never had these issues.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue and have been for the last 6 months. I’m ready to cancel XFINITY’s BS mobile services. 

Official Employee

• 

670 Messages

4 months ago

Hello! @user_37dc2f Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions and concerns. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out to our Xfinity Mobile Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device (I would try texting this number since you've already made several phone calls). You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s) by creating a new post, and we'll be here to assist you however we can!

3 Messages

I've already chatted with the online team multiple times and all they could do was some network updates on their end.  We can't even get an actual person on the phone, and if we finally do after jumping through hoops and beating out the mega-boss VA, they say the same thing the online assistance says. So really, there's no difference in how we communicate- we get nowhere. It's just ridiculous how there is no actual customer support. Even in the stores, they end up calling their support number so what's the point of driving all of the way to one? The employees tell us it's a 30-minute wait for support and we should just go home and call ourselves, like we haven't already done all of it before we decided to waste our time to make an appointment and go to the store, only to be turned away. 

Official Employee

• 

356 Messages

Thank you for confirming you reached out to our mobile team. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address, and we can work to get this resolved for you.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue with my S23 Ultra since the March update. Xfinity/Samsung/Verizon obviously pushed a bad update and need to push a fix. 

3 Messages

and yet, Xfinity claims to have no idea what is going on and this is the first they've heard of it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_sa9n50 Hey there! Thank you for using our Forums and letting our team know about this. Please send us a DM with your full name and service address so we can work together. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

17 days ago

God, this is so annoying. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and it works fine with Xfinity. 

I had this issue on my S22 Ultra, upgraded at Best Buy and when I did I typed in the IMEI to make sure it was compatible and it said it was; So I went ahead.

Now this [edit language] is happening again, and now when I check the IMEI it says the phone isn't compatible.

What kind of horse [edit language] is this? I'm about done with these clowns. Xfinity mobile's 5g if you pay for the highest tier is like 80mb a second, Visible which runs on Verizon has 300mb a second, probably because Visible is owned by Verizon so they don't give them lower tier service access.

[edit language] Xfinity. I left their internet for Google Fiber forever ago and I'm done with their [edit language] mobile too.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

755 Messages

@user_8aaf2e​ I completely understand the frustration when your mobile device isn't working properly. Reviewing I do see the Galaxy S23+ is still being sold on the Xfinity Mobile website: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/shop?category=device&brand=samsung&page=1

- Does your device have a regular sim, or nano sim?

I know you may have already attempted this step if you have a regular sim, removing and re-inserting the sim can help clear issues by the chance the sim wasn't connecting properly in the slot. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here