A

Saturday, January 20th, 2024 3:20 AM

Prolonged Delays and Frustration: My Disappointing Experience with Xfinity's Number Transfer Service

I have to express my disappointment with the service provided by Xfinity, which has been the most terrible experience I've encountered. Three days ago, I diligently prepared everything necessary for the transfer of my number from Verizon to Xfinity. I completed all the required steps, expecting a smooth transition that would take no more than three minutes. However, as I write this review on the third day, I am still without a working phone number at home, and the delay has significantly impacted my ability to work. The prolonged inconvenience has been frustrating and certainly not the service I anticipated.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

6 months ago

Hey there @artyasa thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your transfer, and we truly appreciate you bringing your phone number to Xfinity! We definitely want to ensure you have a positive customer experience. Have you reached out to our Xfinity Mobile Team at all of their available contacts? 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Oh it gets worse. I tranferred my phone number from Verizon to xfinity a couple of years ago, but when I recently opened a new online bank account with Capital One (17 days ago!!) that requires a phone number for two-factor validation, Xfinity has yet to validate my number so that the bank can text me the security code.  Capital One employee said this is a KNOWN ISSUE for Xfinity customers.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

It gets worse.  I, too, transferred my phone number from Verizon to xfinity a couple years ago.  However, when I opened an online banking account with Capital One this month, I was then unable to access the account because xfinity has yet to "validate" my phone number for the bank so that it can be used to receive security codes needed for two-factor authentication.  It has been 17 days (!!) since I opened the bank account, and Capital One is still waiting to hear from xfinity that I am the registered user of my own phone number.  It is apparently a known issue at Capital One, for xfinity customers only. Ironically, I just had to use two-factor authentication with xfinity even to post this message, so [Edited: "Language"]?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

Hello @user_8a2abe. Please contact our wonderful Xfinity Mobile team at 1 (888) 936-4968. They can get this taken care of for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here