A

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 2:27 PM

port forwarding not working

in the xfinity app i have set ports for 7777 and 27015 TCP/UDP, but when I use port checkers such as portchecker.co or canyouseeme.org it says they are not open, even when I try to use telnet in Windows cmd it doesn't show that these ports are active

-i have already opened the ports on firewall

-I have already restarted my router, PC, and the server I'm trying to get these ports to work for

-completely deactivated windows antivirus and firewall as a last ditch attempt
-and several other minor tweaks I could find 

yet nothing has worked 

some other info you might need is:
-my PC is connected via ethernet
-the server is for a game called ARK: Survival Evolved

-the server worked fine for the past 3 days, suddenly stopped

-and yes, the server was on when I try to verify that the ports were open

Problem Solver

• 

521 Messages

11 days ago

@Akalpreet You should post this issue in the Internet section of the forum for a quicker response. This section is for Mobile/Network.

3 Messages

ok thanks                                                                     .........................................................................................................                                                        

Official Employee

• 

975 Messages

10 days ago

Hi there, @Akalpreet! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! Are you using any type of 3rd party router in conjunction with the gateway?

3 Messages

nope, i am not using any 3rd party router in conjunction with the gateway

Official Employee

• 

975 Messages

Thanks for confirming, @Akalpreet! One thing you may try, is setting the gateway to factory settings, then trying again to see if it works for you. One caveat is that this will erase all settings from the gateway so if you have any other customer settings, you would need to reconfigure afterwards. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here