Batmansmith's profile

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, August 11th, 2024 1:06 AM

Phone numbers were illegally ported

Our numbers were illegally ported on Thursday. Can't seem to get any help getting them back. Get passed from 1 agent to another. Finally was told that it looks like our numbers were ported to Tmobile but that was it. Then an agent suggested WE call T mobile.(crazy)

Then we received an email from xfinity saying welcome to xfinity mobile.  Now that you have activated your new device....I immediately called again, and again, they had no idea how to help. It's clear that the scammers got our numbers on different devices in xfinty. There was a post on this forum with the exact sinerio. I really need some help with this. 

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

Just spent the morning with Comcast again. The bad guys ported the numbers back to xfinity and are now on the same metwork. I gave the agents out IMEI#'s and they admittedly said that new devices have our numbers on comcast. They state that a case is still open and we have to wait for the investigation to cork its way out. In the mean time out phones#'s are bing used to get into any possible account we have. Why can't comcast just turn the #'s off until this is worked out. This is insane!! No one will belp!

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Just spoke with an agent. Her name was Myryn

Finally an agent that is trying to help. Gave me an email address to t mobile fraud because they needed proof that our numbers were actually ours. But still don't have our numbers back and the bad guys just tried to hit another credit card. I don't wish this on my worst enemy.still don't understand why the 2 companies can't see the same thing and lock the number to work this out before more damage is done.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Batmansmith,

This kind of situation is understandably distressing, and I can only imagine how frustrating it has been trying to get this resolved. I want to assure you that we're taking this matter very seriously. I'm glad that an agent has already started assisting you, but I want to make sure you get the support you need as quickly as possible.

Additionally, if you have any information about when and how you noticed the unauthorized porting, that would be helpful in our investigation. We understand the impact this has on you, and we're committed to protecting your account and ensuring this is resolved swiftly.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further concerns or questions. We're here to support you every step of the way, and I appreciate your patience as we work through this together. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we'll do everything we can to make this right. You can also start a claim with our Customer Security Assurance team here https://www.xfinity.com/idtheftclaimform

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

I spoke with a great guy Sean and he gave tips to keep thw accounts secure. He really didnt have information on where we are in the case. That was supposed to be Gabrielles job which we can not get ahold of any more.

We just want our life back

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

Well just an update. Finally, I filed a FCC complaint. The next day I got a call from a woman named Gabrielle. She said she was calling BECAUSEI filed a complaint and she was going to help. I was included in a couple emails in an effort to get the numbers back from TMobile. 3 days later, she left a message on the home line and I tried to call her back. Voice mail. Next day...voice mail. Again today...voice mail

Going into the weekend which we know NOTHING will be done. Feeling as if she just did the minimum to satisfy the FCC complaint and thats it.

All we are looking for is an update and resolution.The "bad guys" haven't stopped and they work weekends!! Very disappointing. Back to the FCC I guess. Out of options

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

Well, we are at day 10

and still no resolution. Gabrielle K. XM Executive Resolutions has not returned any phone calls. The entire xfinity team at [Edit: Private Information Removed] do not respond to any emails. The company that currently has the number is emailing and asking why the numbers are not ported back since they sent the account number and PIN.

I truly have no idea what the heck is going on here. We just want our numbers and life back.

Please, if you are a comcast employee and reading this, please skip the standard "sorry to hear this..." reply and please offer actual solutions. For the price we pay, I would expect much better concern and service. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Batmansmith

Thank you for your patience and for sharing the details of your situation. I completely understand your frustration, especially with how long this has been going on and the lack of communication you’ve experienced.

I want to reassure you that your concerns are being taken seriously. Since an FCC ticket has already been filed, the team handling that will have the most direct insight and authority to resolve this issue. I would recommend continuing to work with them, as they’re equipped to ensure this gets resolved as quickly as possible.

We truly appreciate the time you’ve invested in trying to get this sorted out, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

I have been trying to "work with them", can't seem to get any response from anybody. Even though in email and voice-mail I state our work schedule, Gabrielle decided to call while we weren't home and leave another message to call her back, and then not answer again. This is truly shameful.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

I hope you and Gabrielle communicate.  

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

1 month ago

Here's the next update. We are at the 2 week mark. To say xfinity has dropped the ball is an understatement. We have heard every excuse in the book from multiple requests to port the number have been made to it will be Rast in 24 hrs and then, don't pick up the phone. The amount of stress and aggravation is beyond words. I'm going to update the FCC complaint and file a congressional now

We are beyond over this! Comcast has literally stole 2 weeks of our life and continues to not be able to fix their mistakes.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Now I have been told that we have 48 hours(keep in mind it's friday at 530PM) to get a transfer PIN from USmobile or They will have to close the case.

I can't believe a communication's business would have such poor communication skill. On top of that gabriel says phone number ..... is ready to activate to restart the phone. And of course after restarting the phone we still have nothing. So after two plus weeks of trying to get comcast to fix their mistake we still have nothing and have forty eight hours on a weekend to get some kind of pin number or she's going to close the case. Disgusting!!

It is beyond Words the frustration this has caused for over two weeks. I will continue to file f c c complaints until some kind of resolution.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, Batmansmith, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your porting concerns. This is definitely not the customer experience we want you to have, and I would love to take a look at the ticket on our end. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Sorry, but xfinity has had more than enough time to fix their lax security mistake. The last thing I want to do, is deal with someone else that can't do anything. Gabrielle is a part of the XM Executive Resolutions team. She was the one who was supposed to fix the mistake.Being a Postmaster I deal with customer complaints regularly and understand the importance of communication and quick response to find a resolution. Obviously, this is not a part of her resolution playbook. I will reach out to my congressman on Monday, and continue to update the FCC complaint, even if, after doing nothing, Gabrielle closes the case. This woman should not be representing your company.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for sharing that feedback and if you do change your mind on further assistance with this here with us, our team is here to help, just send us a direct message. We are available every day between 6AM-12AM EST. 

1 Message

1 month ago

Batmansmith

Has anything changed for the better?

The exact same thing happened to me!

Sent a message to Tom, replied his team would reach out within 24 hours, it so, it would be the first in two weeks

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Never heard from Gabrielle again. Finally had to just get new numbers. They were completely useless. They did not get the numbers backs and just dragged it on for 2 weeks. Total incompetence 

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

@user_88krww​ 

File a FCC complaint. They are forced to respond to it. And you can continue to update the complaint. It's very easy and you can do it on line.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Good luck. Hope you have better luck then we did

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here