cindyk's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, December 30th, 2023 6:48 AM

Closed

Internet doesn't work unless i have a wifi connection

During storms, we sometimes lose power. When that happens, i can't get internet on my phone (I have xfinity mobile). When the wifi goes down, cell connection doesn't work either, why? When i was on Verizon, i could always get a 5g connection when the wifi went down. Why doesn't this work with xfinity?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 months ago

Why do i get no cell service when the power is out but get 5g if i just turn off the wifi on my phone? I need cell service on my phone when the power goes out! Thinking of going back to Verizon because of this. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled I get 5g of i turn wifi off, but when the power is out, i get nothing

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @cindyk unfortunately it may be that the tower that is servicing your residence has lost power. Especially if you live in a rural area severe weather can cause cable line (drop) issues and impact service. You can visit the Status Center, log in to your account, and check service outages in your area.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here