ww8944's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 6:29 PM

Could not receive pictures, (photos, GIFs) in messages

I'm going to answer my own question, which should help anyone else having this problem. Someone would send a photo via messages, and I got just a spinning circle unable to download. I called Mobile Xfinity customer care, and lucked out, almost immediately got a tech on the line (repeat "representative" three or more times.) She discovered that I somehow had both Wi-Fi and Mobile data on at the same time. The giveaway was that "5G" did not appear at the top of the phone. I shut Wi-Fi off and the pictures downloaded as they were supposed to. As I have unlimited data, I don't see any need to have Wi-Fi on anyway, do I?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

ww8944, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I'm so glad you were able to get the help you needed from Xfinity Mobile. If you need us, we are here for you. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have the same annoying issue! But if I am not connected to my home wifi... my internet is super slowwwww.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@TiredOfIt24 Thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. You came to the right place for help, and we are here to assist you with your connection issues. Can you send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here